cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset will not complete setup

nhojrendrag
Explorer

I had to factory reset because I hadn't used the oculus in a while and couldn't remember the pattern code. 

Factory reset, updated firmware on both phone and headset, reinstalled app. Phone can see headset and says "Complete setup in headset". Nothing happens. 

Of course I uninstalled/reinstalled. At this point, after 23 years in IT...I'm at a complete loss. 

I have reported it multiple times and have yet to hear anything back. 

Ps, need a immediate resolution because I have an interview in VR TOMORROW!

Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11

JamBox88
Retired Support

Hey @nhojrendrag. Welcome back to the VR world! Are you getting any error messages?

Kudos, kudos and more kudos!

Yes, I'm also in the process of trying from the desktop application. But still having the same issue.

Thanks for that. Are you getting any error messages or does it just freeze?

So the phone and the laptop both say that the device is connected and that I need to finish the setup in the headset. Go to the head set... Still on the pairing screen, nothing happens. No errors, no freezing, it just acts like it's not connected to the phone or the laptop. 

Hmmm, thanks for the update. Here's some steps to start the process over:

• Turn your headset off
  • Delete the Oculus App
  • Open Bluetooth settings on your phone, select your headset, and "forget device" to clear the cache
  • Re-install the Oculus App
  • Turn your headset back on and restart the pairing process.
  1. Make sure your headset and your phone are connected to the same WiFi
  2. Check to make sure your headset is nearby and turned on.
  3. Check your Wi-Fi signal. If your signal isn't strong, try moving closer to your wireless router (internet connection device).

Let me know if it works!

Already did this multiple times. 

Sorry it still isn't working for you @nhojrendrag. Please send a PM so that an agent can further assist you with the tools at their disposal. Best of luck!

Unable to send to JamBox88 because it is not a listed user. 

Try to send to this user: https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/16864

Percy - The weird furry robot (Protogen) that most people seem to hate, or love. It's your choice.