cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heavy stutters and framrate losses after some time even in the Link Menu

Darebear089
Honored Guest

Good evening world,
my nerves are finished off already, I really gave up weeks ago.. So this is my very last try, a friend convinced me not to give up.

Specs: Win10 / i7 5820K / RTX 3080ti / 32GB RAM

The Oculus Quest 2 and the Link via cable works phenomenal and perfect in every situation, except one strange issue with MS FS2020.

In the beginning I have no struggles, good fps, good tracking, like a dream.

As soon as I deactivate and activate the VR-Mode my fps seem to be at 50%. It also happens after some time that the fps get lower. at some point i can repeat this to half the fps down again and again. But it is not only the ingame fps, i switch to desktop and the whole Link menu is at 2fps as example. I end link, go to oculus home and everyting is like 90hz, then i enter link (cable) and soo in the link menu the 2fps again.

I have to shut down the FS2020 and imediatly the back 90hz/fps are back on the desktop and in link menu.

Can it be that the Link is settley out of the VRAM to the extended space on SSD?
I am not sure if VRAM could have to do with this, but after months of trying to bring it to work i really gave up..

Any answer could help me to find something. I tried so many things I cant write them all down..

Please if there is someone, I am really desperate..

Oliver

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Darebear089!

Sounds like you're having some trouble with the Link System, that's definitely a bothersome thing to have trouble with - let's fix this together! First, it looks like everything is compatible with PCVR and shouldn't be causing any issues. We recommend following the troubleshooting steps below.

Repair the Oculus PC Application

1. Go to https://www.meta.com/quest/setup/ and click Download software.
  2. Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.
    • If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.
    • If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.
    • Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.
  3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
  4. Launch the Oculus PC app.

If this doesn't assist with the issue, we suggest following these steps to gather your Oculus Logs and submit a ticket to our Support Team and they'll be able to view and assist further. We hope to have this resolved for you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

TheAquired
Explorer

I’m having the same issues since this weekend and I’ve got a really powerful pc. So frustrating

Hey TheAquired, totally get your concern with this one as you have a strong faith in your computer to use this function. Since PC's are almost as unique and different as their users, we would like you to send us your PC specs as well as your username, email and full name registered to your account over private message! Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?