cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please. "Session "OculusVadApoEventTrace" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035"

Skreamies
Explorer
This has only been happening since i've got my Oculus Rift S, i'm using the device or it's plugged in in the background and not being used.

All of a sudden my PC is making disconnecting device sounds, (my experience) my corsair icue profiles all default and stop then starts again in a few seconds, my mouse and keyboard also stop and restart, I look in my event viewer and see this error literally one thousand times "Session "OculusVadApoEventTrace" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035"

It's starting to become one hell of a nuisance, I see other people who too have the same problems, it's not my own PC it seems to be the Oculus software but no topic on here or Reddit EVER has a fix for this.

Please does anyone else know a fix to this? 
6 REPLIES 6

McSly
Honored Guest

I have a Quest 2 - but the same issue

TottoW
Explorer

Same as McSly, always on startup i have loads of these messages, but everything seems to work fine. Too bad Oculus developers dont seem to answer questions on this forum.

scratchyfox
Honored Guest

I'm having the exact same issue as you are describing, Session "OculusVadApoEventTrace" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035, my mouse disconnects, my keyboard, I can hear all kinds of usb devices connecting disconnecting. This is with a Rogstrix B550-E/5800x/32GB corsair mem. Eventually my whole system crashes, but its not only now when im using Oculus actively. So what is this service and how can I stop this ? Im no expert but I can see that this is seriously F-ing this up. So anybody out there with the same issues ? Maybe an Oculus Dev can come in and save the day 

I am also having the same issue described by scratchyfox.

sepen77
Honored Guest

I too am seeing this.

Windows event viewer and I have 2000+ of these errors in the past 7 days. I wouldn't care if it had no impact, but it does have a clear and real detrimental impact. USB devices disconnect. My monitors disconnect. Some software I am running (e.g. Bluestacks) also crash.

PandarssonJi
Explorer

kekw, so many forums on this and Meta has not fixed it in years... better believe they got them modals cutting of my typing and asking me what I think of Meta though (second time ive been asked since ive been on the site). They oblivious af, can't even dev worth ish. How bout that Horizon World? lul. rip rift cuz fk fb

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?