cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with referral

Woahsteven
Level 2

So I just got the oculus meta quest 2 and tried sending a referral to my friend who also just got it and we both keep getting the same message saying “Can’t accept referral, This facebook account has already been used to activate a quest 2”. If someone could please help I would greatly appreciate it!

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Woahsteven! We'd like to welcome you to the VR family, we're excited for you to enjoy all that virtual reality has to offer! We know how it feels encountering an error message, we're sure you're eager to get those credits and purchase some new games. Here are the requirements to be eligible for the referral credits:

• The new account cannot already be associated with a Meta Quest 2 product.
  • The referral recipient must be registering a new Meta Quest 2 (not refurbished, and not previously registered to another account)
  • Both users must be in the same country.
  • The code must be applied before adding the account to your Quest 2.

It seems the error you're receiving could be due to the fact the headset has already been activated, in order for us to look into this further please click here or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you!

ronnie.j.2022
Level 2

I JUST SET MY META 2 WITH EMAIL.

READ THE FORUM HERE SOME PEOPLE WILL POST A LINK TO THEIR REFERRAL TRY A DIFFERENT ONE .