cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with router setup

pakerg9
Honored Guest
I have a quest 3 and want to be able to play wireless pcvr. My router is downstairs and my pc is on a wireless connection from my room upstairs. In case it means anything, my room is directly above the downstairs room the router is in. Works like a charm for everything non-vr. But when I try to stream with any application (my primary being virtual desktop), I can’t get anything more than ~20fps with a relatively poor bitrate.

I’ve seen a lot of people saying they got a dedicated router closer to them, but to my limited networking knowledge, that still needs an Ethernet cable running between them (if I’m wrong please correct me and advise from there). I have absolutely no way to get an Ethernet cable from my room to my current router; my house doesn’t have Ethernet connections installed to most rooms, my room included. Heck I’m not even sure if it does anywhere.

Where should I start for getting a better wireless pcvr experience
0 REPLIES 0
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?