cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Button Missing when using PC VR

Soildeer
Honored Guest

I will get a  notification  that i have gotten a new item for my home in when i go to try to go to my home theres no button for me there

163 REPLIES 163

Thanks to you, I was able to enter my Home.
 I added home2.exe in the library list, but it didn't work.
As a workaround, I head for Home by double-clicking the shortcut created on the desktop.

I'm glad I could help...but I think we have little time anyway, if meta is silently killing stuff, it would be a matter of weeks and the oculus home will lose all its online functionalities or directly be cancelled from the drive in the next versions. Sad.

I think you are right.

Slowly but sureley they are removing all good - and at least for me - important things from pc app.

Since v46 there is no chat tab in pc app anymore....that's so sad and I'm pretty angry about.

Good future, we’re gonna make it work together

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@Soildeer Oh man, I hate to be the bearer of bad news. After asking our engineers and seeing if this was intentional or not, It turns out Oculus Home was removed from the PC app in a recent update. That would be why you don't have the button anymore.

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

what the actual **bleep**... it's just gone now? just like that?

It worked before but now when connecting airlink to my pc it launchs into a big wite room with a grid and my menu bar instead of the oculus home (the room with a fireplace, table, lightsaber, etc) the little house button on the menu bar to go to the home is missing as well so I cannot manually launch the home. How do I get it back? I tried reinstalling but it did not help. I would not mind the white room but it has an annoying background ambient noise that I cannot turn off. Is this part of an update, a bug, an error, or is it just a setting I cannot find a soultion for? Please help.

also seen someone mention on another forum to go to options then general in the oculus desktop app and there should be a button to enable auto launch of home, there is no button for that either. No home buttonNo home button

Hey there, @christopher.a.pine! We don't like to see our users having this kind of issue with their headsets. We know how important it is to get this looked into and sorted out. Not to worry. We recommend connecting with us via our specialized team here. We'll be able to assist you better with this issue with more advanced troubleshooting steps. We hope to connect with you soon to assist you further!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Did not have any mentions of issue i am having, sent an email but no help on the common issues.

Hey there, @christopher.a.pine! We appreciate you sending an email through our support page. Please keep an eye out for an email from us in your inbox and spam folders Once we receive your email from our support page, we will be reaching out to you as soon as possible! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!