cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon Workrooms Remove Virtual Desk

IdoSudo
Explorer

Greetings:

Running Windows 11 for Workrooms, and finally I can see three screens like my Apple friends have had for awhile. However, the virtual desk in Workrooms hides the center of the taskbar in Windows 11, so I can't get to a lot of things. I don't need a virtual desk. All I need are super large screens to interface with my PC. Is there some way to just hide that dang desk? 

I'm really frustrated with this one, although I am a big supporter of Meta and have purchased 3 Quest 2s and 1 Quest Pro. However, this virtual desk is just stupid IMHO. I don't need a cute clock or a view of a lake. I just need a way to get some really large screens of my PC to see if I can't come up with some better workflows. Your dang desk is seriously in my way here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pointing out the obvious, but you mean just minimising that desk menu / display / UI ?

Just select a button at the bottom bar twice to toggle the UI off.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MoneyMitch26
Honored Guest

Whats the issue exactly? You're saying the desk is physically blocking the bottom of your screens in the lobby / personal office? Do you have your desk set to the correct hight of your IRL desk?

A VR screenshot would be super useful if you can grab one and upload here

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, IdoSudo. We saw that you were experiencing issues with Horizon Workroom's virtual desk and how it was blocking your taskbar. We get how frustrating this may be, especially since you are a big supporter, and we feel your pain. Allow us to do more for you and we can look further into this.

1. Would you please provide us a screenshot so that we may better understand your issue?
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, IdoSudo. We are checking in with you to see if you still need assistance with the virtual desk on Horizon Workrooms. Your feedback is very important to us, so don't be hesitant to get in touch with us.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

This shows what I am talking about. There is that "selector window" which covers the bottom center of the middle screen taskbar, which in Windows 11 is where most stuff happens. I would like to know how to remove that so I can have access to the full screen. In my opinion, it would be even better if I could get rid of everything except three super large sharp screens. I would rather have a black void as opposed to a view of a lake or desk or fireplace or whatever. I'm hoping the Quest Pro can be a good tool for my old eyes to help with editing phots and video.

IdoSudo_0-1672968833315.png

Hello IdoSudo, thank you for getting in touch with us. We appreciate your ideas, and while we recognize that this may take up some of your time, we've provided a link to our Ideas page so that you can submit your ideas.

Pointing out the obvious, but you mean just minimising that desk menu / display / UI ?

Just select a button at the bottom bar twice to toggle the UI off.

i was looking for the solution to this FOREVER because i didnt know it was called a "desk menu" i owe you one!