cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon Workrooms "failed to connect to server" error

vincentaffatati
Explorer

Looking for help with an issue in Horizon Workrooms......

I am getting a message within Horizon Workrooms when trying to launch any workroom (both new and old) "failed to connect to server".   From the home screen list of rooms appears but when you click to go to the room it fails on the build.  Kicks you back to the home screen.   Everyone on my team is also seeing the same behavior. 

Is anyone else having this issue?  I have been using the app for the last 7 months and have never seen this issue before.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @vincentaffatati, we're sorry to hear about your issues with Horizon Workrooms and we're going to do everything we can to get you back up and gaming! 

If you are still receiving an error, you might want to try updating your headset, and uninstalling and reinstalling the Workrooms app. 

If that does not work for you, we would advise trying to factory reset the device

The more detailed fix for this would be to edit the host file located in C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\etc.
Add the following hosts:
31.13.95.95.61       graph.oculus.com
179.60.192.50      oculus.c10r.facebook.com

Note: Please follow the instructions in your host file. Start with the IP address, once you're done hit tab and it will take you to the start of the next column where you need to add the site name. It should look like the following:
dlever0097_0-1628357755707.png

After saving the changes the setup should now connect to the oculus server.

If you have continue to have issues, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

vincentaffatati
Explorer

The issue seemed to be related to an outage on the server platform which renders the Workrooms and not isolated to me or my configuration. I confirmed that other users within the Global Workrooms community were experiencing the same error message. It was resolved within 2 hours.. once the issue was discovered. As the App is still in BETA, it's understandable that outages and updates will occur during a non GA phase. Also these instructions to remedy this issue assumed I was on Windows and I am not. instead a MAC.

However, It would be wonderful if we could get outage information in realtime regarding Horizon Worlds and Horizon Workrooms. I am completely committed to building a business with META and recommending META products to my clients. But It would be extraordinary helpful to get better information faster. Particularly, when these applications are being used for business pilots and will eventually be used production environments. Thanks.

Hey @vincentaffatati, you bring up some great points. While you're very understanding despite the hiccups you've experienced, the best way to provide this feedback is through the Workrooms app. You can find the instructions for providing feedback here.

55 BURGERS 55 FRIES 55 TACOS 55 PIES 55 COKES 100 TATER TOTS 100 PIZZAS 100 TENDERS 100 MEATBALLS 100 COFFEES 55 WINGS 55 SHAKES 55 PANCAKES 55 PASTAS 55 PEPPERS AND 155 TATERS