cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon Worlds Release Date in Australia?

Curious.Toy
Protege

Hi there,

do you know when Horizon Worlds will be open to the rest of the world (in particular Australia)?

I have sent my registration request and I am eager to start creating content!

Thanks

Steve

135 REPLIES 135

TheLegend27
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey everyone! I'm super fond of the idea for adding more supported countries to the access list of Horizon Worlds—along with other Horizon experiences. I've said this before, but I really do think the addition of more countries would make for great cultural diffusion in the Horizon community and userbase. As far as I'm aware, I think the plan is still to implement more countries from our list of supported countries over time, but I know it's been quite some time since the last addition. I highly recommend submitting your feedback, suggestions, and questions on the Official Horizon Worlds Discord server. The Community Guides are relatively active to answer any questions, and there should be a channel specifically for submitting your feedback and ideas for the Horizon team to look into, which would be great for gaining some more visibility on your suggestions for adding support for Australia.

Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably

@TheLegend27 wrote:

Hey everyone! I'm super fond of the idea for adding more supported countries to the access list of Horizon Worlds—along with other Horizon experiences. I've said this before, but I really do think the addition of more countries would make for great cultural diffusion in the Horizon community and userbase. As far as I'm aware, I think the plan is still to implement more countries from our list of supported countries over time, but I know it's been quite some time since the last addition. I highly recommend submitting your feedback, suggestions, and questions on the Official Horizon Worlds Discord server. The Community Guides are relatively active to answer any questions, and there should be a channel specifically for submitting your feedback and ideas for the Horizon team to look into, which would be great for gaining some more visibility on your suggestions for adding support for Australia.

As a Meta Support person you should be able to pass on and get better information on all this imho.  I think that the long delay in adding Australia to the list of Horizons Worlds is both ridiculous and unwarranted.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

kojack
MVP
MVP

I almost want to do some detective work and try to find out what the 7 (out of 23) regions that are allowed in Horizon Worlds have in common.

• Canada.
  • France.
  • Iceland.
  • Ireland.
  • Spain.
  • United Kingdom.
  • United States.

The one that really throws me off is Iceland. It's the lowest population Nordic country (just over a third of a million people). Is there some legal thing that those 7 regions have in common? Does Iceland let Meta get away with something the other Nordic countries ban?

(I don't want to sound like I'm against Iceland, I just wish I knew why they were picked)

Then again Horizon Worlds is available in more regions than Quest voice control (which is US only). I've heard that the voice control is region locked because of legal issues or something, but how can MS, Google, Apple and Amazon all do voice stuff around the world but Meta can't?

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

I definitely agree, and I really wish I could have an answer for everyone on when and what will be supported for future versions of Horizon experiences. I'd personally still love to see more countries added to the list, and would love nothing more than to see the Horizon community strive and thrive. As the moderation team, we don't really get access to informational releases for Horizon based releases. The best suggestion I have is to voice more feedback in the community Discord, since that seems to be the place the team is actively looking for future release suggestions.

Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably

@TheLegend27 wrote:

since that seems to be the place the team is actively looking for future release suggestions.

My suggestion to them for future releases is all 16 regions they officially sell headsets to that are region blocked from Horizon Worlds. 🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

SergantTeddy
Explorer

Looks like it's out now for australia on PCVR only. Stumbled across the page saying download now when looking for something else. Played it last night for about an hour.  Wonder why they haven't announced it.

kojack
MVP
MVP

You're right, I see it now too (in Australia).

Searching the Rift store for Horizon shows it, the button says "Purchased". I just found it in the desktop app and I'm installing now.

Searching in the Quest store doesn't show it.

I wonder if other countries have it now too?

Edit: I just got in. Did the tutorial.

@kojack wrote:

You're right, I see it now too (in Australia).

Searching the Rift store for Horizon shows it, the button says "Purchased". I just found it in the desktop app and I'm installing now.

Searching in the Quest store doesn't show it.

I wonder if other countries have it now too?

Edit: I just got in. Did the tutorial.

Still showing up as Coming Soon on both my Desktop app store and PC meta link store???  Maybe a rollout thing???  Maybe you need to be linked to your facebook account???

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

kojack
MVP
MVP

I unlinked my Facebook when Meta accounts started.

I went into my Quest 3 and found in the uninstalled app list "Horizon Worlds Demo" from 7 days ago.

I installed and ran it. I was in HW again. But there were no people around. I entered an event that said something like 1K people, nobody there.

I guess the demo is just a single player version.

The Rift version did have people (well, a couple of what sounded like 10 year olds).

@kojack wrote:

I unlinked my Facebook when Meta accounts started.

I went into my Quest 3 and found in the uninstalled app list "Horizon Worlds Demo" from 7 days ago.

I installed and ran it. I was in HW again. But there were no people around. I entered an event that said something like 1K people, nobody there.

I guess the demo is just a single player version.

The Rift version did have people (well, a couple of what sounded like 10 year olds).

OK, sounds like it's not really down under yet?  Oh well, maybe I'm not missing much, lol!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?