cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon Worlds crash on stratup - Unity Error

PiteurMC
Protege

Hi,

I try to launch the PCVR version of Horizon Worlds but I see the logo, a little white hourglass and 3 or 4 seconds later the game crash and quit ;-(

I briefly see the Unity error "Unity 2021.3.3f1_af2e63e8f9bd".

Every other games works fine on my PC.
What can I do ?

Thank you

Screenshot of the Unity error I briefly see :

erreur-horizon.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@PiteurMC Oh boy, this is quite the issue. Do you know when this first started? 

One thing I have heard works for this issue, is heading to the "XR Plugin Management" then going to the PC tab then enabling Oculus.

What all have you tried already? (Just to get some insight and not repeat anything you've already done) 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

PiteurMC
Protege

Hi!

I have waited a bit and did all the updates but I still can't launch the PCVR version of Horizon Worlds ☹️

I do not see the Unity error anymore but the game launch, i see the horizon logo but then it's stuck with a white hourglass. Nothing happen (and I see in the control panel than the game does not use any ressources anymore).

I have tried de-installing / re-installing the game, i have tried enabling Oculus on "XR Plugin Management", i have tried putting the Oculus app in English, I try to re-launch the game after every updates but i could never pass the Horizon Logo, the game always crash 😣

I use my Quest via Airlink a lot, for a lot of different games, everything always work fine, I only have problem with this specific game.

I use Quest Link on a Quest1, that could be the problem ?
I tried lot of troubleshouting but I realy can't launch this specific game ☹️

Hey, PiteurMC, we totally get how inconvenient it is to have only one specific program not work while all others do. Let's always make sure that our device is compatible with each game, as some are designed for a specific headset and its respective hardware. In this specific case, Horizon Worlds is only available on the Quest 2, Quest Pro, Rift S, and the Rift CV1, but not on the Quest 1.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Even via Quest link ?
You can't even play the PCVR version on Quest 1 ?

Yes, sir. Even Via Quest Link, Horizon Worlds is only available on the Quest 2 or Quest Pro, and not the Quest 1. Let us know if you have any other questions about Meta Oculus and Portal Devices!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

captainrex38
Honored Guest

Does this include the Oculus CV1? I see no reason why the headset would matter, just that the system running it is powerful enough. I have no intention of upgrading due to the superior audio and microphone quality of the CV1. I've played on a quest 2 with and without the link and the display quality is about the same. Maybe put real headphones back on the headsets. The hand tracking is cool though, way better than leap motion.

Hey there, @captainrex38. It looks like Horizon Worlds is available for the Quest Pro, Quest 2, Rift S, and original Rift devices. I will go ahead and update the response from support to include these devices so other users can see where Horizon Worlds is available.

I hope to see you there and see what worlds you create!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.

captainrex38
Honored Guest

In that case, I'm not sure what's happening. One time I went to launch it and it loads showing Horizon Worlds on the screen and gets no further yet it used a constant CPU usage of about 15%. Today I tried to load it (I let it sit all night this time) and it never used more than 1%-5% of my processor. What could be causing it to not load? Am I maybe missing something required for Unity? When I go to task manager and expand the processes running for Horizon Worlds, I see horizon worlds process and a unity crash handler, like maybe it crashed? But it's not giving me an error.

The_1st_Dark_Lord_Morgoth
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

From what you've said, you may need to reach out to our support handle and send them a private message. Once you reach out to them, they will have more tools to look into this further, so we can narrow down why Horizon Worlds doesn't want to launch.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.