cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon workrooms remote desktop not working

MXG3131
Honored Guest

Hello, i have a problem with connecting my pc to the oculus q2 In horizon workrooms I installed the app in my pc (win10) every time  i try to login in the app its logout after a few seconds and my VR can’t find a pc to connect in workrooms anyone know the solution? Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there MXG3131! We are sadden to hear that you are having issues with Horizon Workrooms. No need to be alarmed, we're always happy to lend you a hand. If you have not already attempted any troubleshooting steps please try the following: 

• Can you attempt to uninstall desktop app:
  1. Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer
  2. Disconnect your computer from the internet
  3. Backup any necessary content
  4. Reboot into Safe Mode
  5. Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel
  6. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  7. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  8. Restart your computer in normal mode
  9. Reconnect your computer to the internet
  10. Install Oculus Home again using the setup tool from our website here
  11. Reconnect the Rift/Link cable and re-test the headset

Let us know if this worked for you. If not please reach back out so that we can continue to help you further. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

the problem is on horizon workrooms the app in pc (meta quest Remote Desktop) everytime i log in In meta quest remote desktop it’s automatically log out after a few seconds and i cant  connect my computer to workrooms this is the problem I tried everything 

Hello hello @MXG3131! We understand that having issues with Horizon Workrooms is not ideal. As we mentioned before, uninstalling the desktop app and logging back in should help. If you haven't done so already please try doing that as that would be the best option for now. If the issue persist, we advise you to reach out to our official Meta Support page so we can look into this further. We do look forward to hearing from you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

@MXG3131  Sorry you are having this problem and that the answer you received wasn't really helpful at all to your issue --- I'd recommend dropping by the Horizon Workrooms Community on Facebook where hopefully as a community we can try to help and relay your problem to people who can help if it's a technical problem with the software. 

Hope to meet you soon in the community!

Host of the Horizon Workrooms Community Meetups
https://facebook.com/groups/horizonworkrooms

ianmarksbury
Honored Guest

I am having an issue with Workrooms not opening . . . just the loading three dots.  Are others experiencing this issue as well?  I tried reinstalling the app, but that didn't change the outcome.

Any ideas on how to resolve the issue?  Thanks,

WEEEEP
Explorer

Um... what is goin on here. I'm having the same issue, I uninstalled the app and now I cant find the download link again for the workroom desktop app.

Hey there @WEEEEP! We know these types of issues are never fun, and we're here to help you get this resolved as soon as possible! You can click here to review our article on how to set up your computer to use with Horizon Workrooms. In there you will find the link to download the Oculus Remote Desktop app, as well as some troubleshooting tips. If you're still having issues after re-installing the app, please send us a PM so we can work through this with you!

To send us a private message please click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Hey again @WEEEEP, we're following up to see if you were able to download the app again. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you! 

Hello, thanks for the follow up. Yes I found the download and logged back in. It works wonderfully. Thank you!