cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change time setting on bar?

paul_e_cook
Explorer
need to change timesettigs on time and date display.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Crazy_Sane
Superstar

This really sucks, but you can't. It uses the time (or time zone) from your phone when you first set it up. The only way to change it is with a factory reset.

I went 6 months with the wrong time because I didn't want to do a factory reset. The worst thing was that it didn't even use the time from my phone like it was meant to.

I complained repeatedly to Oculus, but no one cared.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Crazy_Sane
Superstar

This really sucks, but you can't. It uses the time (or time zone) from your phone when you first set it up. The only way to change it is with a factory reset.

I went 6 months with the wrong time because I didn't want to do a factory reset. The worst thing was that it didn't even use the time from my phone like it was meant to.

I complained repeatedly to Oculus, but no one cared.

That sucks, dude. That's really crappy 

Yeah, it does. And they need a way to delete the cache and user data for apps. That way you wouldn't have to redownload and reinstall apps, or even factory reset, every time you have a problem. Factory resetting just to set the clock is ridiculous, which means redownloading everything. And the less people have to redownload apps, the less Facebook pays for servers. A small change could save them many terabytes of downloads. Not a smart business practice.

@Crazy_Sane  I got caught in a timezone stuff up today.  For some reason my new iPhone had my timezone based on my location (Queensland) but it thought this was in my adjacent state (NSW).  They just went into daylight savings today and I noticed my iPhone was an hour ahead.  So I went into my phone settings and changed the auto timezone to fixed (Brisbane) and this fixed my phone, but not my Q2. 

Crazy to have to do a factory reset just to change the Q2 time display but I'm kinda OCD so I did this anyway.  Fortunately I have pretty good internet (100mbps) so it did not take too long to recover my apps.  Just a pita to need to login to some apps with subscriptions.  Also, you lose all saved games except the few that have cloud saves.

Only good thing about the occasional factory reset is you get that new Q2 feeling, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Monkeydoo300
Explorer

I have done 2 or 3 factory resets now and it refuses to change the time.

What in the actual **bleep**? You cant change the time when it randomly decides to stop working.

This kind of sumb **bleep** is why I stopped using Facebook.. someone needs to make a better solution so i can there 

MsRoc
Honored Guest

Solution: pair headset via the oculus app     From the app select devices, then click my quest 2 (top left), click on the icon of the headset - then finish set up. It should say pairing after that.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?