cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install Contractors Showdown PC

Phatsack
Honored Guest

I click launch, then click install on my pc and i get  opps something went wrong! Where and how do I download the and install the game.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Phatsack and @WhatTehDouche! We apologize for the misunderstanding on our end and truly appreciate the clarification.

While we do support the ability to buy once and access content on multiple devices, not every game has cross-buy enabled. Ultimately, the decision to allow for cross-buying is up to each developer and whatever is best for their business and community. We can confirm that Contractors Showdown currently supports Meta Quest 3, Meta Quest Pro and Meta Quest 2​, and is not available via Quest Link (formally Rift).

To help, we have created a list featuring cross-buy apps which you can find here. And you can always select Link PCVR from the drop-down on the search bar to find titles that specifically support PCVR. You can also reach out to the developers of Contractors Showdown if you have any questions for them, here.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Phatsack! Thanks for reaching out to us. We understand you're having trouble with installing Contractors Showdown. It's never any fun when you can't jump into your new game, so we're here to help! We'd like to ask a few questions to better understand how to assist. 

• Are you trying to install the game via our PC app or Steam?
  • Are you attempting to use PC link via cable or Airlink?
  • Have you had this issue with any other game?

Please let us know if there is anything else we can look into for you, we look forward to your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Phatsack! Just checking in to see if you still need some assistance? Just let us know what we can do for you!

WhatTehDouche
Honored Guest

I'm experiencing the same issue, ive purchased Contractors Showdown through my Quest store, and i was under the assumption that i could install a Quest Link equivalent for my PC for the upscaled performance compared to standalone? is this not the case with this particular title as i cant find it on the Meta app on the PC

Hey WhatTehDouche! 

We're sorry to hear this is also happening to you! In this case, we would like you to try out these steps here: 

1. Check that the headset is connected to the correct GPU. Both the headset and computer monitor must be plugged into the same graphics card.
    • This is not possible on some laptop computers due to their design. Where not possible, the computer is considered incompatible. Recommend the customer try using the headset with a compatible computer.
  2. Restart the PC.
  3. Make sure GPU drivers are up to date.
  4. Launch the PC VR app by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting "Run as Administrator"
  5. Uninstall and re-install the app.
  6. Add the application to the antivirus software's whitelist.
  7. Try another Windows user account with admin permissions
  8. Repair PC VR App. 
  9. Manually re-install the PC VR app. 

In case it persits, please let us know! Hope to hear from you soon. 

hey guys, im unaware if the information has been misconstrued, but what I mean is the App itself: Contractors Showdown is not displaying on the PC Meta Quest Link app, i was under the assumption that if i bought the game regardless if i bought it on the quest store through the headset or PC, i could access both? but the App itself will not display on my library nor your PC Store? other titles like Ghosts of Tabor allow us to play standalone on the Quest 3 or via Airlink/Quest Link, any other ideas?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Phatsack and @WhatTehDouche! We apologize for the misunderstanding on our end and truly appreciate the clarification.

While we do support the ability to buy once and access content on multiple devices, not every game has cross-buy enabled. Ultimately, the decision to allow for cross-buying is up to each developer and whatever is best for their business and community. We can confirm that Contractors Showdown currently supports Meta Quest 3, Meta Quest Pro and Meta Quest 2​, and is not available via Quest Link (formally Rift).

To help, we have created a list featuring cross-buy apps which you can find here. And you can always select Link PCVR from the drop-down on the search bar to find titles that specifically support PCVR. You can also reach out to the developers of Contractors Showdown if you have any questions for them, here.

So is contractors showdown ever going to be added to Meta Quest Link?

dichro
Honored Guest

MetaQuestSupport nominated for NPC of the year.  I guess they just want us to ask the Devs when I doubt they are truly ignorant as to whether or not its coming to Quest Link.  Honestly if it doesn't it's going to be disappointing as I purchased through the Meta store so I had the option of playing standalone if I am ever away from the PC.  The Beta worked on Quest Link and the Steam PCVR version is out and functioning.  It'd be nice to just have someone confirm that it will be coming.  I don't mind if it takes a minute, just don't want to hold out hope for it if it's not gonna happen. 

LaserDisk
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

I've been doing some digging to gather more details about the PC version, and it seems like the developers shared an update on their discord. They mentioned that the highly anticipated Meta PC version of the game will be released soon, and they promised to share more information as soon as they have it. To stay updated, I suggest keeping an eye on their discord for any future announcements.

The future of home entertainment!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?