cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I lock The Files App with a passcode?

PaulJamesNicholson
Honored Guest

i dont want anyone to see my private images or videos when i share my quest 3 but the files app has synced all my private data to the  cloud somewhere and all my private videos and images are clearly visible to anyone who puts on the headset. i need to lock The FILES APP and if that is restricted for some crazy reason i need to lock the images and movies folders. also, how do i unsync thousands of images at a time? I DO NOT want them in the cloud.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @PaulJamesNicholson. Thank you for bringing your synced file concerns to our attention. While locking your media files is not a current option within VR, we love to see users sharing their insights on how we can improve for future updates.

With other users like yourself wanting to keep your media safe, we do recommend voicing this concern within our Ideas Forums. Here, our engineers are able to understand what features are needed to allow a better VR experience.

Even with that being said, we want to make sure we're able to have those files unsynced. To do so, we'll want to make sure the Media Syncing has been disabled. This will stop future images or videos from appearing on the headset and mobile. As well, if you wish to disable Cloud Backup, this can be completed within the headset settings under system. Of course, if you have any further concerns, do let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?