cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I re-enable the Quest Link popup?

Thunk84
Explorer
Quest Link works fine, there are no issues with my device, cable or PC. However, I quickly grew irritated with the popup message asking me to enable Link each time I plugged in the cable, so I checked the box that said "don't show this again." Well, that didn't pan out. Now, I still get a notification that Link is available but I can't interact with it and have to instead click into settings to enable the link. That's even more irritating, so I want to go back to the original popup. At least I could interact with it right then and there.

But, having gone through every menu on the device, the PC and the phone, I can find nothing remotely associated with this. Does anyone know, short of resetting to factory defaults, how to re-enable that Quest Link popup?
23 REPLIES 23

PITTCANNA
Visionary
i believe its in the app permissions in settings.  

Thunk84
Explorer
Hi Pittcanna,

Thanks, but I can't find anything there.

Under settings | Applications | App permissions, I only see 4 categories: contacts, location, microphone and storage. None of which have anything Link-related under them.

Under settings | applications, I see a list of various apps. But nothing about Quest Link.

PITTCANNA
Visionary
Or you can try this:

Open the pc app remove the headset from devices

Then follow along below:
  • If you don't see Add Quest as the device on the PC software: log out of the PC software and log back in.
  • If you don't see the Enable Link pop-up on the PC software: log out of the PC software and log back in.
  • If you don't see the Enable Link option under Settings on Quest: completely power off the headset and restart.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Settings, developer, USB connections dialog

Thunk84
Explorer
@Pittcanna: That didn't work.

@ufcfan: I don't have a "developer" item under settings. The Device has: Quick Actions, Device, Guardian, Storage, Applications, Virtual Environment, Experimental Features and About. I've been down all of those menus, and not found "Developer" under any of them, either. In the PC App, under settings, there is Account, Privacy, Payment, General, and Beta. And no "Developer" nested under them.

Thunk84
Explorer

For anyone that stumbles on this thread in the future... The Quest2 does not show the "Settings > developer" menu normally. To enable it, you must:

1. Register as an Oculus developer at developer.oculus.com/manage (and agree to the various terms)
2. Using the phone app, click the device then work down through the settings to enable developer mode
3. Then, on the Quest2, you will see Settings > Developer  and have the option to toggle the USB Connections dialog.

However, don't bother. That setting will give you control over the popup that asks if you want to allow the PC to access data on the device. It does NOT return the popup that asks if you want to enable Quest Link.

The hunt to re-enable that one UI element continues...

Sniiki
Explorer
Seriously Oculus? There's no way to re-enable this? Sigh.

Thunk84
Explorer
The official response to my ticket was, after about a month of back-and-forth... it can't be done.

Oculus tried to close my ticket and send me on my merry way, but I continue to argue that this needs a fix and am keeping the ticket open. Last response was almost 3 weeks ago, saying "Your ticket will be handled in the order it was received."

ACRNMANNM
Honored Guest

That is seriously messed up... Especially that enabling the link manually is getting me stuck in the "white grid".

I can't launch another app from the my old Rift application, nor can I quit the app that is currently running (which is no app at all).

At the end of the day, I can't launch anything from my PC and am stuck in my dev...