cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I resolve - Oculus119B.sys is not digitally signed?

AJB_999
Explorer
DXDIAG reports that 'Oculus119B.sys is not digitally signed' (sound tab). Any advice on how to solve this?
6 REPLIES 6

LZoltowski
Champion
You can disable windows driver signing enforcement as detailed in this youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71YAIw7_-kg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

AJB_999
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestion. However, my preference would be to use the correct, signed, 64 bit driver rather than ignoring the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, welcome to the community forum support. Please note that this is a community ran help section and that we are not Oculus direct support. We can help with some basic fixes and can be a bit faster than Oculus direct support, but advance help might only be available at Oculus direct support. At any time if feel you need more advanced support please feel free to reach out to support by sending a ticket here: https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Typically this is a sign something isn't right with your MS driver's security feature. It's also possible your time on your computer is off some how weirdly enough. It's also possible that a new security feature over an update is causing this. Some of this can fix with a reinstall, but more than welcome to reach out to Oculus support using the link above to see what they can do for you. 

AJB_999
Explorer
After many reinstalls of Windows and all software, trying all recommendations from Oculus Support, I still have the unsigned driver and a game that crashes every 5 minutes, so as to be unplayable. I've now given up on playing Elite - not worth the pain.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I lost use of my Rift  mic after using the Run As Admin trick. Even on a fresh install it has not returned.
My Dxdiag  shows OCULUS119B.SYS is not signed. Also my other Creative XFi Titanium Soundcard has CTAUD2K.SYS not signed. I thought I could add exceptions in Windows Defender in case they're being blocked. Ideas?

Duddy33
Honored Guest

I'm aware this is an old thread, but as of Jan 8th, 2022, the Oculus support team will still redirect you here so you can turn off your driver signature enforcement feature. This is not a fix but rather a work around. Having a company as large as Meta/Oculus/Facebook's best recommendation be that you disable a security feature that can allow malware to burrow as deep as the Windows kernel is irresponsible.