cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I uninstall or disable the Oculus Quest "Move" app/utility

SirGrumpyBear
Explorer
So I mistakenly agreed to allow this app on my device thinking if I didn't like it, I could just un-install it. Turns out I was really wrong, this app is a menace and lags my beat saber sessions.. etc.. I want to un-install it or disable it, there is no un-install option since its listed as a system utility. There appears to be no disable option either. At this point I was angry enough to just do a factory reset on my headset and guess what, its still there... Any ideas on how to get rid of this terrible piece of software?
15 REPLIES 15

I think it changed after an up date. It’s no longer experimental. 
if you don’t see it under experimental. Go to app permissions. Look for oculus move. You can the turn it off

took me hours to find 😂

worked awesom...thanks

This doesn't work anymore. Oculus, please fix this app.

Cats_in_love
Protege

It is now called Meta Move in Settings .... Permissions

THANK YOU!!! Customer Support had no idea what I was talking about.  Since it is a Quest 2 app - one would assume customer service would know about it... 

They moved again, i think this makes three times in two years.

if it isn't in your apps, it now isn't in the store either. or any of the former places in settings.

go to the app on your phone. hit menu, now hope for a move app green icon

start the app and it says it will start on the headset 

push the button, put on the headset, wait, push the button again, after waiting a little longer with my headset on it came up.

then from the app in headset, settings, notifications, off.

support staff are not a viable option. if it doesnt come up on the first page of a google search then its way outside the scope of their literature. and when you have an issue that you cant undo on your account they cant fix it either. all they will do is waste your time.