cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get information about updates? Are their any update logs?

pilot4
Protege

I absolutely dislike how apps/games are updated in the background without notifying me, or displaying a changelog!

The last one is Walkabout Minigolf - suddenly, a nice update - which I would not have known about if it was not for an YT video.

Same happened before with "Into the Radius" , a neat update with some content, which I discovered by chance long

after.

I may have played thru a game, but I still wish to know if/what is updated. Maybe there are some cool new thing, maybe bugs that made me stop playing a game are fixed.

There should be a changelog of updates covering all games *a user owns*   - like: I may have played thru "red matter 2"  - but even if I uninstalled it, when an update to Quest3 graphics is released... I'd like to know it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
9 REPLIES 9

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @pilot4 🙂

you'll get a message in your notification feed on the mobile app, if devs posting an update for a game.....at least if the game is installed. Tab on it and you'll get more information to the new update.

There was also a notification about Walkabout minigolf, 😉

But I know, what you mean.....that probably not works, if the game is not insatalled.

you should post your wish in Ideas - Meta Community Forums  

pilot4
Protege

@Choleni True, now I see the notification in the meta app, still - I wish they were .. more visible, and contained a changelog. I may just scroll past "minor bugfixes" , while "new content" or "updated map" would be a eye-cather.

I agree....in the pc app it is like that.

Like I said....post it in the ideas forum and maybe/hopefully your wish comes true😁

pilot4
Protege

Sharing the link in this thread is a great idea @pilot4 👍

Das.Bearski
Expert Protege

Best thing to stay up to date would be to join the dev’s/game’s discord channel.

Could set notifications for the update/announcement channels and you won’t miss anything.

Choleni
MVP
MVP

What about people who don't have discord?😉

Potentially Reddit 

ok, that's a point👍

Even though I like the idea that the headset just give you all those infos.

Probably not possible.... but I can dream about😅

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?