cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many headset can one account sign in too

cybercookie72
Explorer

What is the limit for how many headsets can be signed in to 1 account. I have 3 kids and I’m also wanting to play. 

So if I get 4 headsets and I sign in to each as the primary and on three headsets one of my kids sign in as a secondary account would this work and can each kid access my games from their account?

If I’m sharing a game that has in app purchases like beat saber or walkabout mini golf can my kids account access my in app purchases or do they need to do the in app purchases for their account?

Thanks for reading

1 REPLY 1

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Heya @cybercookie72! First of all, what an awesome parent! You definitely have some lucky kids! 😊

For App Sharing, you are only able to share apps on one additional headset at a time (so your admin account would be on two headsets). From what I'm understanding here, your best bet might be to have two main accounts, each of those would be the admin on two out of the four headsets, and one of each of those could have a secondary account to share apps. You'd still need to buy the games on two accounts, but that's better than having to buy four copies of each game! You can also find some info about App Sharing here.

Also, in regards to sharing in app purchases or DLC content, those are not shared through App Sharing. So for example, if you purchased a song pack in Beat Saber, you could access it on your admin account, but the secondary account on the headset would not have access to that song pack.

I hope I was able to help you get this figured out! Let me know if you have any other questions, and I am happy to help. 😁

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?