cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable or uninstall Oculus move?

modernator
Explorer

Suddenly in my app list, there is an app that popped up and started downloading itself without my ask, called Oculus Move. The problem is that there's no way to uninstall or stop downloading it, there's an only option that opens the store and sees what it is. I already waited hours but this application keeps installing and never ends!!!

A few days ago, I bought the game but did haven't not much time to play, so I didn't play yet. And today, I turned it on my Oculus Quest 2, and suddenly that thing blocks all the other game downloads.

I already searched on this Google and this forum but there's no solution. How do I disable this thing forever from my Oculus Quest?

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We want to make this right and resolve your issues with Oculus Move. Please PM us or click HERE to submit a support ticket and we'll look into this together. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I just factory reset my OC2. Just allow us can cancel the update of any application. This is not supposed to happen these days, it's really ridiculous.

Patymaira
Honored Guest
I have the same problem, but with the game after the fall, it keeps installing but this installation never ends and in addition it crashes the other applications

joseph.112263
Honored Guest

I don't want to see this app either. I want it GONE. If a solution is found, please let us know.

jennifer2022.2022
Honored Guest

Did you ever figure this out?  I want it of mine too.

Hey there, @jennifer2022.2022. We definitely understand your concern with this issue, especially if the app is behaving for you the same way it is for Modernator, who began this thread. We'll do everything we can to help out! Have you tried any troubleshooting already by chance? We wouldn't want to have you repeating steps that already didn't work, so if you have tried some things could you list out what you've tried for us? Then we'll be able to decide what the next troubleshooting steps should be. We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

SAME FOR ME BUT ITS WORSE I CAN'T EVEN OPEN THE HOME I TURN ON MY HEADSET AND ALL I GET IS A GRAY SCREEN THERE IS NO WAY THAT I CAN FIND THAT WORKS AND THIS APP JUST NEEDS TO BE CLEARED FROM EXISTENCE (SHOULD BE a button at Meta place or smthn that they press to delete entire applications)

IceWolf56
Honored Guest

IceWolf56_0-1698913292814.png

Maybe?

Hey there @IceWolf56, we see you are having some gray screen issues regarding your headset. We would love to investigate this however we can! While there is no way to completely disable built in applications such as the Oculus Move, you can disabled the tracking and delete the Move information so that it does not interfere with your gaming, using the steps in the picture you provided. Regardless, could you please send us a PM so that we can look into your reported gray screen issues? This can be done from our profile page at any time: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport