cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delete Avatar? (Dont want to modify but delete and create new)

abbeyboss
Honored Guest

Hi Oculus Team,

I want to create a new Avatar, not modify. I dont see any clear solution on forum to be able to Delete and start from original options, could you please help guide?

8 REPLIES 8

Tonberry_Qing
Retired Support

Hello @abbeyboss There is currently no method to remove avatars and revert back to the default icon. 

My best recommendation would be to tweak your avatar to your liking. 

Create an avatar with Meta Quest

You can also share your feedback in the Ideas board. I would like there to be a Delete Avatar option as well.

There's an existing thread about avatar deletion HERE

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

abbeyboss
Honored Guest

Thanks for your reply, I have posted in ideas board. It is very strange that something this basic was not developed before releasing the product.

For now is there any other alternative way? Can I create a brand new oculus profile and add to this account and that will give me an opportunity to create a new Avatar? Will shared apps that were purchased by primary account still be used by this other profile?Please help guide.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for posting about this on the Ideas board. We appreciate it!

In regards to still wanting to create a new avatar, you should be able to change all of the features of your current avatar through editing it. It might not be quite the same as starting fresh, but you can still change everything about your avatar, and that is definitely our top suggestion for you here!

It can get a bit complicated if you are looking to make a new Oculus account for yourself. Since a Facebook account is required, and only one Facebook account can be tied to one Oculus account, you may run into a bit of a roadblock there. If you do end up making another account to create a new avatar, please know there is no way to transfer your content to a new account. In that case, you'll want to check out our App Sharing feature so that you fully understand how it works.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

That's so odd that such a basic feature is missing. I wish I would have never set an avatar up. There should be a warning pop up that says "WARNING: once you establish this avatar it cannot be changed." Honestly, how hard can it be? seriously. SMH.

This is really crazy.  Basically not only can't you change the Avatar (and by the way, there are NOT a lot of ways to change the body type to what you want).  If you are a woman and you accidentally set up a profile with a Male gender, or vice versa, you are screwed.  Now I will have to erase everything on my account, create a totally separate facebook account using a different email address, and suffer the consequence of losing access to the apps that I purchased, just to change a simple setting.  

This is nothing less than a major bug/design flaw, and it should be prioritized to be fixed.

rekleiner29er
Honored Guest

It is now 1.5 years from original posting. Has any progress been made on this front or are we just screwd?

Hey @rekleiner29er! I noticed that you are seeking more information on being able to delete the avatars. There was this thread that I saw in the Ideas Forums that has some volume to it, and it's about being able to delete the avatars. If any news comes about, it'll be easier for you to find updates on this matter in that thread.

“There are only four rules you need to remember: make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.” -Leonard Snart.

ShiroTenko
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hello everyone! Since this thread has been dead for sometime now, I'll be needing to close it. There's a thread on the ideas forums about deleting the avatars and I think it'll be a better place to post than here. I highly recommend everyone who sees this post to go and post on this thread.

“There are only four rules you need to remember: make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.” -Leonard Snart.