cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add an existing Childs account to Parent account

Jsmiskinis
Honored Guest

My child got the VR headset for Christmas, he set himself up an account and all was well. Now he has to verify his age, he did what most kids would do put in a fake age, so I went it his account and corrected it because he later told me his account needs to be added to a Parental account.

After I made my account I can not add his account to mine, it keeps telling me that his email account is already in use. 

Nothing works, I uploaded his ID as he turns 13 in a few weeks, not his account it disabled and not up for review. This is a very frustrating process as he cant make a new account.\ he only had one email.

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Jsmiskinis! Oh no! We know how important it is to have access to your account, and we surely wouldn't want your son's account to be suspended. We'd love to take a closer look at this for you! Due to the potential of dealing with private or sensitive information, we'd be more than happy to continue helping out if you'd reach out to us in a PM! Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here! Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

ecachuh
Adventurer

Did you purchase or redeem any games/apps/gift cards etc. on this disabled account?

If not, then you can quickly make him a new email and then add/create his new account through the parent portal.

You will have to reset the headset.  Let me know if you need instructions with any of this!.

I see that Support is trying to resolve any accounts that were suspended in this way.  When we correct the birth year, it triggers the system for violating the terms of service.  

I think that's how it goes.  Anyway, you can contact support (it may take a while as many people are having the same issue) , or make a new email and continue.    I made the new email and reset the headset.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?