cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Avatar in horizons world?

y_zass
Honored Guest

It is absolutely ridiculous that you can't delete your avatar. I screwed up and ended up with a girl when selecting a template. The app freezed up which is happening a lot and I had to restart it. Now I am stuck with a girl avatar and there doesn't seem to be a way to delete it and start over. I want to choose a different template. Am I going to have to make a new meta account just to start over and make a new Avatar? Will they transfer all of the games I bought from this account to the new one?

13 REPLIES 13

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @y_zass! We see that you are having issues the look of your Avatar, and would love to provide some insight into how to change that. Additionally, we would strongly advise against deleting your account, as all your purchases cannot be transferred to any other account.

To customize your avatar:

1. Turn over your left wrist and select on the Three Line icon then select the Profile icon.
  2. Select Edit Avatar in the top right. Once you select this you’ll be taken to your Personal Space.
  3. From here, you can customize Body, Hair, Face and Clothing.
  4. You can also select Randomize to get a random look for your avatar.
  5. Once you’re done, select Save Changes.

Note: If you’re already in Personal Space the Edit Avatar button will be grayed out under your profile icon. We hope that helps to resolve your issue, but feel free to let us know if you need any further assistance.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We wanted to follow up with you and see if you had been able to perform the steps we provided, or if you still needed assistance with your issue. Please reach back out to us and let us know if we need to look into this issue further with you or if the issue is resolved.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi, I'm not the original poster but I have a related question. If a user doesn't wish to have an avatar at all for whatever reason, how would they delete it?
I'm not asking how to edit an avatar, I'm asking how to go back to a state in which I don't have one at all. No hands, no model, no nothing

Hey, @Shawn_Sigma! We were combing through our posts when we saw your question, and wanted to jump in to lend a hand! We did see that you were wondering on how to delete your avatar and we wanted to share this page with you! Please let us know if you have any further questions along the way, and we will be more than happy to further assist you. 

This did not help. I was talking about the VR avatar present when using the Oculus Link, not a Facebook avatar. I would like to know how to completely delete a VR avatar.

Hey again, @Shawn_Sigma! Your Meta avatar (the avatar on your headset's home screen) can be deleted by clicking here and following the instructions in the last sentence of the article. To edit your Horizon Worlds avatar, click here.

We hope this helps. However, if it doesn't, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us, because we'll be happy to lend you a hand! 

Hey there again, @Shawn_Sigma! We want to make sure that we've addressed all of your concerns, so we're following up to see if the articles we referenced were helpful. Please let us know, because we want to make sure that you're having the most enjoyable VR experience! We're looking forward to hearing back from you!

Hey @Shawn_Sigma

I was dealing with exact same issue. Head over to your mobile app for the Meta Quest, tap on menu, profile and you can delete it from there 

Hi @vitono.1  thanks for the tip. I was able to delete my horizons world avatar using the app and the app says its gone and so does the avatar editor in the headset. And yet my deleted avatar is still staring at me in the mirror.

Did you have to do a factory reset on the headset for it to take effect?

Four Rift CV1s, Quest 2, Quest 3.
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?