cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the 💲30 referral credit if you've already activated your Quest 2 or Quest 3 🥰

deejeevee
Heroic Explorer

If you activated your new Quest 2 or Quest 3 and you didn't use a referral link*, you missed out on getting a $30 store credit that you can use to buy games/apps in the Meta Quest store.

(*If you already used a referral link but didn't get your credit, contact Meta Quest Support by going to their profile here and clicking the "Send a message" button.)

You may still be able to get the $30 credit!  😊

If it is within 7 days since you activated your headset, all you have to do is reset your device, use a referral link, then setup your device again.

Update October 2023 — Works for Quest 3:

A user was able to get the referral credit on their Quest 3! Note that clicking "DELETE DEVICE DATA" on their online account did not work for them, but resetting their headset through the boot menu did work. See their post about it here.

Here are the step-by-step instructions that worked for me. At the bottom is more info about the referral program.

1. Reset your headset: Open this link, then click the "Delete Device Data" button and follow the instructions:

Quest 2 reset 1a.jpg

You will see some warnings, but don't worry. Your account won't be affected. Your headset will go back to its default settings, but all your purchased games and content will still be there, ready to be reinstalled.

(Note: The headset has "Cloud Backup" enabled by default, which backs up and restores progress and settings for some games. More info here.)

2. Turn on your headset to confirm it has been reset. You may see a message that says "Factory data reset…". When it gets to the setup screen, stop. You will complete the setup later, in step four.

3. Open a referral link of your choice, and then click the "Accept Referral" button. If you're in Canada or the UK, you can use my referral link if you need one. 🥰 (Due to certain restrictions, if you're in the USA you should use a referral link from the USA.)

4. Now complete the setup on your headset. Then in your Meta Quest mobile app, re-pair your headset: tap the menu in the bottom right, tap "Devices", and add your device.

5. Your $30 credit should be issued within 5–10 minutes. To confirm, go to the Meta Quest mobile app, open any new game that you don't already own, and right below the app price it should say "$30 store credits remaining."

For more info about the referral program, see here.

Enjoy your new headset! 😎

» Get a $35 credit in Canada on a new Quest 2 or 3 — but you must use a referral link BEFORE you activate your new headset!
  (Works for the UK too, but if you're in the USA you should use a referral link from the USA due to certain restrictions.)
» Get 25% OFF games or earn $5! Learn how and see my game referral links here: How app referrals work
44 REPLIES 44

deejeevee
Heroic Explorer

Reminder: If you've already activated your Quest 2 headset, it may not be too late to get your $30 credit!

» Get a $35 credit in Canada on a new Quest 2 or 3 — but you must use a referral link BEFORE you activate your new headset!
  (Works for the UK too, but if you're in the USA you should use a referral link from the USA due to certain restrictions.)
» Get 25% OFF games or earn $5! Learn how and see my game referral links here: How app referrals work

Hi, @deejeevee! We appreciate you sharing information regarding the referral process, we love it! Way to help our community out. We hope to see you in the VR world!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

philip.wesolowski.3
Honored Guest

@deejeevee, Thanks a million for your easy step by step instructions. I activated my VR headset 5-6 days ago (Christmas Day) and I was unaware of the referral codes. I followed your step by step instructions,  used your referral code, and within minutes I had a $30 credit in my account. It really could not have been any easier. Thank You!! 

@philip.wesolowski.3Thanks for your kind feedback. It made my day! 🥰

I'm very happy to hear that it went smoothly and you got your credit. 👍

Enjoy your new headset. VR is awesome!

anElectricGypsy
Honored Guest

Thanks, this worked a treat!  Didn’t know about the referral codes prior to setting up, so was a bit miffed that I’d missed out on some free store credit.  All sorted now 🙂 I’m in the UK so found a UK referral link in this thread 🙂 

in another thread (apologies) 

@anElectricGypsy, I'm happy to hear you were able to get your credit. 😊

FYI, referral links work for any eligible country (they don't have to be from the same country as yours). 👍

Nboehm103
Explorer

Are you sure it's only 7 days?  I set mine up on Christmas Day (12 days ago) and forgot to use my referral.  If I go through these steps am I out of luck or might it work?

Also, are there any downsides to trying?  Do I lose game progress or anything?

Thanks.

@Nboehm103 

I heard there's a 7 day limit, but I don't know for sure. I think it's worth a try.

Doing a factory reset will return your headset to its default settings, but all your purchased content is linked to your account, so when you log back in it will be there, ready to be reinstalled.

Regarding your game data, you can check whether Cloud Backup is turned on in your headset:

Settings > System > Backup > Cloud Backup:

Cloud Backup - Settings » System » Backup » Cloud Backup - 20221211.jpg

If it is turned on, it will backup the data for some (not all) of your games when you charge your headset. You can check which games get backed up and their backup status here. Any games that have backups should get restored after a factory reset.

I would be grateful if you would let me know whether Cloud Backup was enabled by default on your headset.

Also, if you decide to try a factory reset, please let me know if it works and you get your credit. 🤞