If you activated your new Quest 2 without using a referral link, you missed out on getting a $30 store credit for the Meta Quest store. 😭
You may still be able to get the $30 credit! 😊
If it is within 7 days since you activated your headset, all you have to do is reset your device, use a referral link, then setup your device again.
Here are the step-by-step instructions that worked for me. At the bottom is more info about the referral program.
1. Reset your Quest 2 device: Open this link, then click the "Delete Device Data" button and follow the instructions:
You will see some warnings, but don't worry. Your account won't be affected. Your headset will go back to its default settings, but all your purchased games and content will still be there, ready to be reinstalled.
(Note: The Quest 2 has "Cloud Backup" enabled by default, which backs up and restores progress and settings for some games. More info here.)
2. Turn on your Quest 2 to confirm it has been reset. You may see a message that says "Factory data reset…". When it gets to the setup screen, stop. You will complete the setup later, in step four.
3. Open a referral link of your choice, and then click the "Accept Referral" button. You can use my referral link if you need one, or if you want to thank me for this post. 🥰
4. Now complete the setup on your Quest 2. Then in your Meta Quest mobile app, re-pair your headset: tap the menu in the bottom right, tap "Devices", and add your device.
5. Your $30 credit should be issued within 5–10 minutes. To confirm, go to the Meta Quest mobile app, open any new game that you don't already own, and right below the app price it should say "$30 store credits remaining."
For more info about the referral program, see here.
Enjoy your new Quest 2! 😎
@deejeevee, Thanks a million for your easy step by step instructions. I activated my VR headset 5-6 days ago (Christmas Day) and I was unaware of the referral codes. I followed your step by step instructions, used your referral code, and within minutes I had a $30 credit in my account. It really could not have been any easier. Thank You!!
@philip.wesolowski.3, Thanks for your kind feedback. It made my day! 🥰
I'm very happy to hear that it went smoothly and you got your credit. 👍
Enjoy your new headset. VR is awesome!
@anElectricGypsy, I'm happy to hear you were able to get your credit. 😊
FYI, referral links work for any eligible country (they don't have to be from the same country as yours). 👍
I heard there's a 7 day limit, but I don't know for sure. I think it's worth a try.
Doing a factory reset will return your headset to its default settings, but all your purchased content is linked to your account, so when you log back in it will be there, ready to be reinstalled.
Regarding your game data, you can check whether Cloud Backup is turned on in your headset:
Settings > System > Backup > Cloud Backup:
If it is turned on, it will backup the data for some (not all) of your games when you charge your headset. You can check which games get backed up and their backup status here. Any games that have backups should get restored after a factory reset.
I would be grateful if you would let me know whether Cloud Backup was enabled by default on your headset.
Also, if you decide to try a factory reset, please let me know if it works and you get your credit. 🤞