cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge paragraph about this problem- headset turns off and show symbol

YTGpoofert
Explorer

When I charge my headset now, it will show the low battery symbol then 5 seconds later my headset will automatically turn on and then just immediately power off it'll do that for a while and then it'll stop and I will leave it to charge for a while and it will say 100% on my app although I charged it nowhere near the time it takes to get to 100% I already factory reset but it didn't work once in a while it will say 43%, but I'll still have a red light on my headset I would put it on to play just to find out it takes 20 minutes to drain the battery and then it will start over again any questions comments or concerns please let me know

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That's hard to say! However, we do encourage you to change out the charger before you plug it in again. It's possible that using the right charger may return your battery to normal behavior. Please give it a try and let us know if you see improvement! If not, we can definitely look into this further with you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We'd love to help you sort out your headset's charging issues! We recommend checking up on our public article on charging your headset, and check that you're using a charging cable and adapter with the right wattage for your device! We'd also like to recommend removing your headset's facial interface, then allowing your headset to charge until the LED turns green. If your headset doesn't turn green at any point, please let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I am using a 45 watt charger is that why I'm having issues 

If you're using a Quest 2 device, it certainly could be- using a charger with too strong of a wattage can overload the battery, causing issues. We encourage you to use the charger that came with your headset for best results!

If I start using the charger will it solve the problem or will I have to buy a new device 

That's hard to say! However, we do encourage you to change out the charger before you plug it in again. It's possible that using the right charger may return your battery to normal behavior. Please give it a try and let us know if you see improvement! If not, we can definitely look into this further with you.

I have it plugged into the 10 watt charger and it's still doing the boot loop I don't know how to fix it but I'll wait a while and I'll let you know if any problems going any further

If the headset will allow you to, please try and give it a Factory Reset! At any rate, please keep us posted on the charging!

It's been around 20 minutes and the headset keeps automatically turning on while on the charger only and then when it turns on it dies over and over again 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?