Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t buy games

GucciRandom
Honored Guest

Whenever I try to purchase a game, I got a message that says, 

“Something went wrong

we are having trouble completing your request, please try again”

what do I do? I have a PayPal linked and but I am using a gift card.

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello GucciRandom, we hate to hear that you are running into this issue when attempting a purchase. Have you run into this issue with your other payment methods or is it just when you try to use the gift card?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

This is my first time purchasing a game with a gift card, but when I have bought them before it did not happen.

Hey there, @GucciRandom. Thank you for your reply and letting us know that you were able to use your PayPal without any issues.

Are these the steps you're using to redeem your gift card?

1. Navigate to https://store.meta.com/redeem-code from your browser.
  2. Sign in with your Meta account, or create one if you don’t have one.
  3. Under Redeem code, click Enter code to enter your gift card code.
  4. Click to add the Meta Quest gift card to your account.

Are you going through the Meta store or mobile app to redeem the gift card?

Please let us know if you have any questions.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I entered the gift card through the mobile app

CBE47DBA-2E9C-4E87-B69F-128DDE40A48E.png

Hey there, @GucciRandom. Thank you for your reply. When you are attempting to redeem your gift card, are you meeting all of the requirements listed below?

• The card must be associated with a billing address.
  • The card must be able to have funds added/reloaded to it.
    • E-cards and virtual Mastercards should work, but most gift cards do not have this option.
  • There cannot be purchasing restrictions placed on the card.
  • The network cannot have any purchase restrictions to prevent online payments.
  • Postal codes that do not follow the correct format will result in an "invalid postal code."

Please let us know if this is the case. We look forward to your reply.

I think I am, all I know is I got the card off of Amazon so I’m not completely sure.

It wasn’t like a visa gift card or anything it was a meta quest gift card off of amazon

Hey there, @GucciRandom. Thank you for your reply and for providing that information about the card. For us to take a closer look into your account can you please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. 

We are looking forward to your reply.