cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get through the Wi-Fi setup, I don't see any network

bdLuca
Honored Guest

I bought a meta quest 2, and when I try to do the initial setup I can't get past the wifi part, wherever I am and as long as I wait, nothing appears. I tried everything possible, factory reset the headset, restart it, connect from the phone, add the network manually, nothing works. When I try to connect from my phone it gives me the following error "cannot connect to oculus servers".

Does anyone know what I should do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @bdLuca! We definitely don't want these setup issues to keep you from fully enjoying your new headset, so we'll be glad to help out! Jumping into it here, let's start by clarifying, are your headset and Meta Quest mobile app connecting to the same Wi-Fi network? Is your phone's Bluetooth turned on? Also, if using a dual band router, we recommend disabling the dual-band feature of the router so the headset can be on the same channel. Let us know how this step works out for you and we can continue from there! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @bdLuca! We definitely don't want these setup issues to keep you from fully enjoying your new headset, so we'll be glad to help out! Jumping into it here, let's start by clarifying, are your headset and Meta Quest mobile app connecting to the same Wi-Fi network? Is your phone's Bluetooth turned on? Also, if using a dual band router, we recommend disabling the dual-band feature of the router so the headset can be on the same channel. Let us know how this step works out for you and we can continue from there! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

on the phone application it says that it is connected, I can go into the headset settings on the phone, but when I turn on wifi it says "cannot connect to oculus servers" I tried to add my wifi manually but it doesn't work. and not even a network appears on the headset, I waited for 20 minutes. I also have some pictures, which will help you understand better. 

Screenshot_20240209-005727.png

IMG_20240209_005410257.jpg

 P.S. in the headset I tried to enter the network data, but for some I pressed forget and I was left with only 2 which are not good

Thank you for getting back to us with those screenshots! We do want to make sure, is your phone connected to this Wi-Fi network and on the same channel in your phone's settings directly? From what we can see, there definitely could be something blocking or restricting your access for your headset. With this in mind, there are a couple of common things that we'd like you to go through and check on your network. When you get the chance, please confirm whether any of the following points might apply:

• Captive Portals- this is when a network will prompt any new devices via a browser to interact with a web page, the captive portal, before allowing Internet access. Quest setup will fail on these networks; however, they may be used successfully after the initial Quest setup has been completed. Please let us know if you are using a Captive Portal network at all.
  • Weak signal- you might experience low signal if there is not sufficient Wi-Fi penetration in their environment. For this situation, please try moving closer to the router, or switch to a network with a stronger signal.
  • Incorrect Wi-Fi password- this could cause connection or authentication errors if the password for the network was not typed correctly. Please try disconnecting from the network, reconnect, and reenter your Wi-Fi password.

Hey there @bdLuca! We just wanted to know if you still needed assistance with your issue! Let us know if you have questions! 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?