cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot log into the old account for my oculus

Daphyll
Honored Guest

I have an oculus that my step father bought and when he logged in and used it a long time ago, he had used a different phone. it says that both of his emails never had an account and i dont know the passwords to either. I want to put my account on there but there is absolutely no way i can log into the oculus through his old account. password reset will not work because apparently his account doesnt exist. 

10 REPLIES 10

obi.sage.3
Honored Guest

i am having a very similar problem, I bought a game, didn't like it, just remembered i can refund, but that requires me to log in to my oculus, but every time i log in it says my email doesn't have a account, it says it for both emails, and Facebook

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Heya! So if your step father is able to help you figure out his old login, that's going to be the best way to get back into his account.

If you can't figure out his login, then your best bet is going to be to just use your own account now. If he had any games or anything purchased on his account, you won't be able to access those unless you purchase them on your own account. But hey, some VR is better than not being able to use it at all right?

To switch it to get your own account on the headset instead, you'll need to perform a factory reset, and then set it up using your own account.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help with any of that!

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

Okay, this might be a bit different of an issue. Have you been able to migrate your Oculus account over to a Meta account? If you haven't yet, you should go ahead and do that first and try to login with your Meta account to get in and request your refund. 

And if you're having trouble logging in after that still, you can send a PM to @MetaQuestSupport on here or send a support ticket to our Support team here since they'll want to get some account info from you to figure out what's going on.

i did have to  make a meta account, but it was a migration, its like a whole new account, it says i don't own any apps and i didn't buy anything. Also I'm logged in on oculus on my oculus but its also merged with my meta, but only on that, not on anything else.

obi.sage.3
Honored Guest

do you think its possibly to see if my email that should exist is linked to anything about my oculus account 

Hm so if you don't see your apps or anything, it's possible that you created a new Meta account instead of migrating your Oculus account to a Meta account. It's a pretty common thing right now with the rollout of Meta accounts. You might be able to logout and try logging back in with either another email or your Facebook to get into the right account.

That being said, if you can't figure that out, your best bet is going to be to reach out to the Support Team to look into this and help figure out what's going on with your account(s). It might take some time to figure out if you've got multiple accounts now and the best fix for that, but they should also be able to help you get that refund done pretty quick if you can't get in the right account.

so I did try what you said and nothing worked, so I tried to message oculus support, its my first time ever sending a message and this happened 

obisage3_0-1663732523370.png

Um okay, that's definitely weird. 😳 

Instead of PMing Support on here then you might want to submit a support ticket here instead: https://metaque.st/Support.  There should be both email and live chat options for support there. 

I looked through that and couldn't find anything helpful, I tried to message support again ad it worked, but they haven't respond yet, I was wonder if you could give an estimate on how long until I might get a reply or how long till my account would be fixed

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?