cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot pair my Quest 2 because I dont know Oculus password

Blown2Bitz
Level 2

I cannot pair my Quest 2. The iPhone app is asking for my Oculus password which I don't know.

When I try to reset it, I am redirected to reset my Meta password.

I know my Meta password and don't need to reset it. It's an endless loop!

Support have been useless, I have been communicating with them for 2 days and they just can't grasp the situation. Does anyone here know how to successfully reset an Oculus password?

5 REPLIES 5

JamBox88
Retired Support

Hi @Blown2Bitz! I have many accounts and many passwords and can feel you here. Which belongs to which!!

Here's a link on how to reset your password. Hope it works!

Kudos, kudos and more kudos!

This is infuriating. The link you posted doesn't work.

Many, many other people have this same problem yet nobody at your end understands it. I will try again. The link you sent me tries to reset my Meta password. I DO NOT NEED TO RESET MY META PASSWORD.

I NEED TO RESET MY OCULUS PASSWORD BECAUSE YOUR META QUEST IPHONE APP REQUIRES IT.

I CANNOT USE THE £200 QUEST 2 BECAUSEW OF THIS. PLEASE HELP OR GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!

Blown2Bitz
Level 2

Oh my god!! Reply!

Just to be clear @Blown2Bitz, You'll use the Meta account reset if you log into your device with Facebook and still have it linked. The Oculus account reset is if you don't have your Facebook linked. There's only one password to log into Meta. Please try the "Oculus account password" reset link. If it still doesn't work, contact the agent on your open ticket and send any screenshots you may have with errors. They're your best point of contact. I'll give them a poke so they can send you a response.

https://www.meta.com/help/quest/articles/accounts/account-settings-and-management/change-password/

Kudos, kudos and more kudos!