cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant change pfp to something in my camera roll :(

Melodyyyyxxxxzzz
Honored Guest

I've tried deleting the app then downloading it again, and the app does have access to my camera roll. So i don't understand why i can't change my pfp 😞 It just shows me a grey screen. I am on a Samsung, i dont know if thats the reason.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, @Melodyyyyxxxxzzz. and thanks for reaching out to us with your issue! Profile pictures are an important part of expressing yourself online, and we totally get any irritation at being unable to make a change, but rest assured we will do everything possible to get you to a resolution! It seems you are using the mobile app to try and make the change, and we'd like to verify you are following these steps to do so:

• Open the Oculus mobile app on your phone.
  • Tap your profile picture in the top left.
  • Tap View Profile, then tap your profile picture again.
  • Tap one of the following to change your profile picture:
    • Tap a photo under Facebook Photos or Suggested Photos to set it as your profile picture.
    • Tap the photo album icon to choose a profile picture from your phone's camera roll.
  • Tap Save.

If you are following this, when do you get to the point where you see the gray screen? Also, have you attempted to make the change in the Oculus app on your PC? You can do that this way:

• Open the Oculus app on your computer.
  • Click Friends in the bottom left menu.
  • Click your name in the right slide-out menu.
  • Click your current profile picture at the top of the app to change it.
  • Choose a picture or click Upload Picture at the bottom to add your own.
  • Click Confirm.

You can always find the latest steps to changing your profile at this link in the future:

Manage your Oculus account profile picture and username

Please let us know your results, and if your issue happens to already be resolved, or we have been able to resolve it with the above steps, please remember to never hesitate to reach out to the community with any questions or issues you might have!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!