cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant do anything

vlll
Honored Guest

I have a oculus quest 1 and havent played it in a few months and I wanted to play it again when trying to open my games it dosent load at all or loads forever and when I try to buy games or look at the store it just loads and tells me error and when im back in the hub it tells me to log in to my meta account and when I do it just tells me that I need to update my headset and when I go to settings to try to update it was already updated now im stuck and cant do anything im literally gonna throw my headset

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @vlll! Loading issues can definitely take the fun out of VR, so we'd love to lend a hand here! We do want to start by saying that we’re grateful to the Quest 1 community for pushing VR forward. As we look to the future, we are no longer shipping new features for Quest 1, which means certain apps may not be available or perform optimally. Your device will continue to work with the available apps. In this case, we have determined that ongoing support for getting together virtually with friends in Meta Horizon Home will no longer be possible for Quest 1 devices. This change will not affect any of your installed games or apps. You can learn more by checking out this Meta Store Help Center link! Aside from that, we'd like to ask a few questions to help narrow down this issue for you. When you get the chance, please go through the following:

• What specific apps/games are having issues loading?
  • What specific apps/games are you receiving error messages with when attempting to purchase? (A screenshot of the error message would be extremely helpful!)
  • When you say "hub," are you referring to the home environment or something else?

Any insight you can provide here will definitely help out, so take all the time you need and get back to us when you can! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

The specific apps that I have trouble is all the apps. including app store, youtube, netflix, literally everything. The only time I can use the oculus is when I connect it to my pc then I can play games.

Gym Class and other free games. 

vlll_0-1714644498269.png

When you say "hub," are you referring to the home environment or something else) Yes, I am referring to the home enviroment.

Thanks for letting us know!

As we may need to collect some private information in order to further look into this, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?