cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant turn off anti aliasing

UnHolySpiritRaccoon
Honored Guest

I turned on Anti aliasing Just to test to see if my computer could handle it and it made all the games choppy and lag and i can't turn anti aliasing off any help would be great.

42 REPLIES 42

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Make sure you have not selected the Auto option above this.  I don't use AA because it eats too many resources.  I use the panel rendering option because it does seem to help without too much extra load.  Both only affect your home screens.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Having the same issue not being able to turn off AA, but no "auto" option is visible.

I'm having the same issue

do you know a fix yet?

Where is the auto options ??

I've got the latest beta v37ptc update and there is no Auto option anymore (and no need to need to enable Air Link either anymore btw).  Just AA and Panel rendering and I seem to be able to turn these on/off ok.  These Oculus dashboard graphics settings only impact your Oculus home screens/panels and should not effect game performance imho.   

When I call up win10 task manager to check % usage numbers, they don't seem to make any significant difference in my Oculus home either.  I don't know for sure but I suspect these do not do anything anymore with Quest 1/2 headsets, probably just Rift S and Rift cv1, because Quest relies different graphic parameters.  Who knows?

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Cpt_Crunch
Explorer

Absolutely unacceptable and extremely frustrating that Oculus still can't address and find a solution for this issue. This thread is months old. WE CANT TURN OFF ANTI ALIASING OR RENDER LAYERING. THE SWITCHES DONT MOVE. FIX IT GOD **bleep**.

Cpt_Crunch
Explorer

By far the most pathetic stupid glitch ive ever seen, its gamebreaking and unfixable

JohnFast12
Honored Guest

I can only report much of the same thing but hopefully it's helping bring this to the attention of Oculus.