cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a game I don't play anymore

laughingbaldman
Explorer

I have a game that I would like to give to a friend who just got his first oculas. I see a way to buy a game as a gift but I just don't want mine and want to transfer the game to him. Kinda like what you used to do when you wanted to play a game back when, just give the cartridge/disc to your buddy and they were good to go. With this being digital I know it more complicated than that. However I don't want him paying for something I could just give him and be done with myself....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey there, @laughingbaldman! We heard that you were wondering if it's possible to transfer a copy of a game that you own but don't want to a friend. We definitely understand that sentiment! 

At this time, this isn't a feature that we offer. The only option would be to gift the game to them. However, @Occupunk's suggestion is spot on! You can definitely feel free to share your idea on the Ideas Forum so our engineers can know what kind of features people are interested in! This also allows anyone else who may feel the same to chime in and share their support as well!

We hope this information helps. If you have anything else we can look into for you, please feel free to reach out. Otherwise, we hope you have a great rest of the week!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Occupunk
Heroic Explorer

You could post it to the ideas forum:

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/Ideas

But I wouldn't hold my breath. It seems pretty unlikely they would ever allow that.

Hey there, @laughingbaldman! We heard that you were wondering if it's possible to transfer a copy of a game that you own but don't want to a friend. We definitely understand that sentiment! 

At this time, this isn't a feature that we offer. The only option would be to gift the game to them. However, @Occupunk's suggestion is spot on! You can definitely feel free to share your idea on the Ideas Forum so our engineers can know what kind of features people are interested in! This also allows anyone else who may feel the same to chime in and share their support as well!

We hope this information helps. If you have anything else we can look into for you, please feel free to reach out. Otherwise, we hope you have a great rest of the week!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?