Did you mean: 

I'm almost giving up... hours, days, weeks of troubleshooting :@

Insr33
Explorer

Hi
All

I
must say I have never ever encountered the amount of misery I'm having since I
bought an Oculus Rift.  Don't get me wrong the device itself (if working)
is great to play on but boy did I get my share of misery.  Lockups, black
screens, usb going berserk you name it.  I hope someone here can help me
get out of this hole because I'm sick and tired of
troubleshooting.  20% of the time my rift is connected I'm
troubleshooting.  Ok, rant ended.  Let me describe my problems.

As
many of you have experienced I have the sensor disconnect problem.  I'm
reading that the devs are on it so I'll leave that hoping there will come a
solution. 

The
main problems I have for the moment are:

After
20 mins of playtime (iRacing) my Rift starts to show black screens.  The longer I wait the more black screens I
get resulting in a complete black screen. 
If I look into my eventvwr I see the error:  

“The Oculus VR Library Service service terminated with the following
service-specific error:

There are no more
files.”

A lot of other
errors as well but don’t know which one really causes all the problems.  I’m on the latest video drivers + oculus
update.  Here is the rest of my rig:

Asus sabertooth x99

Core I7 -5820K

32 gigs of ddr3

M2 ssd drive

Also using hdmi + usb extension cables (3m) 
I ordered the ones that were recommended here on amazon.  Having the problems as well when connected
directly on pc.

Let me know what I
can do to end this please.

29 REPLIES 29

cybereality
Grand Champion
Very sorry. See if this post helps at all:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/436624/#Comment_436624
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Insr33
Explorer
Hi Cybereality.  Thank you for the fast feedback.  I've checked the website from Asus multiple times and the latest version there was 1.16.33.1.  However the version on the asmedia webpage was 1.16.38.1.  So installed the drivers to the latest version.  Will give it a try again tonight.  Fingers crossed

Domitjen
Adventurer

Insr33 said:

Hi Cybereality.  Thank you for the fast feedback.  I've checked the website from Asus multiple times and the latest version there was 1.16.33.1.  However the version on the asmedia webpage was 1.16.38.1.  So installed the drivers to the latest version.  Will give it a try again tonight.  Fingers crossed

Do you have this problem also without using those extension cables?

Scawen
Heroic Explorer
More of us with the "repeating black screen with increasing frequency until permanent" bug:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/39125/flashing-black-screens#latest
I can't see anything ASUS os ASMedia on my computer and obviously not using an extension cable so that's not the problem.  Everything runs perfectly until the black screens start after a few minutes.  I have the recommended Fresco Logic USB ports with the newest drivers.
Live for Speed - www.lfs.net

Insr33
Explorer

Dominique said:

Insr33 said:

Do you have this problem also without using those extension cables?

Yup 🙂

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer
I am sorry to hear u are going through this bro..i can only imagine the fustration

Insr33
Explorer

In the meantime I've found some time to test after the usb driver update.  First I played a session for 10 minutes without a problem (iRacing) then I restarted for a session of 20 minutes.  Everything was going smooth... until the freaking black screen was back.  The strange thing about though is that it didn't gradually build up until block.  I got 2 or 3 black screens and then I could continue racing.  Unfortunately I don't have more time to test.  This is was I saw in my eventlog when the blackscreen appeared:

(I also must note I reainstalled virtual desktop on my oculus account for ease of access, don't know if that has something to do with it - starting the game from virtual desktop as you drop to desktop when changing courses, ... )

The description for Event ID 0 from source OculusVR cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

21/09 21:18:56.959 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Default]

[DisplayManager] Failed to set power mode on NVidia adapter. -175

Let me know if extra info should be needed..

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, actually would you mind uploading the LogGatherer zip file?
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Insr33
Explorer
no problem, will do.  Will also check the propositions regarding power plans: https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/37744/cv1-logs-showing-failed-to-set-power-mode-on-nvidia-adapter-175-any-ideas