cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish i could rotate the play area

Elunedra
Protege
 my play area is tilted, and sadly therefor i have a rather small play aera while my actaul area is 150x200cm but sadly i cant edit it

i dont know if i can somehow trick it to see it was a rectangle..

hcah30db3qow.png
5 REPLIES 5

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
LOL, same issue here. I haven't found a solution either.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
When the setup program asked you to point towards your monitor, point to the edge of your play area that you want to be the front. In the image above, point to the middle between your two sensors, and that will make your playspace aligned properly to the grid.

It doesn't matter where your actual monitor is, the program just assumes that your monitor is the front of your space. (Hint: it doesn't have to be.)

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Elunedra
Protege
Thanks that totally worked, i just had to fake the step where you try to set the camera position relative to your monitor and instead point at one of my strait sides
along with the guardian_boundary_editor i got some nice square space covering my entire play area

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, unless I am very mistaken, it doesn't matter what your play area say it is. It will be whatever your boundaries you set are. 

Digikid1
Consultant

nalex66 said:

When the setup program asked you to point towards your monitor, point to the edge of your play area that you want to be the front. In the image above, point to the middle between your two sensors, and that will make your playspace aligned properly to the grid.

It doesn't matter where your actual monitor is, the program just assumes that your monitor is the front of your space. (Hint: it doesn't have to be.)

Hate to necro this thread but THANK YOU!!!!!!  This is EXACTLY what I needed.  Hate to have to reset view all the time.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?