cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IB Cricket won’t let me press start in dressing room

CodyH9811
Honored Guest

I got through the menu of which controller I’m playing with and it now won’t let me get passed the dressing room because it won’t let me press start? 
help please 

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @CodyH9811! Being unable to start a game would be quite the interference, and we would love to assist you however we can regarding this.

What method are you using to try and hit the start button?  You will need to walk up to the button and press it with your bat in the dressing room to press the start button. If that is not  helping, consider reaching out to the developers for their specific game issues and solutions as this seems to be specific to iB Cricket.

While you are waiting for their response, we have another idea you can try  if walking up and pressing the start with the bat didn't work. Can you please attempt the following:

1. Uninstall the game.
  2. Turn off your headset completely.
  3. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Boot Device and press the power button.
  5. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.
  6. Finally, reinstall the game.

Hopefully these will help out. Let us know how it goes!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again @CodyH9811, have you had the opportunity to test out our suggested steps? How did they work out? Did you still need assistance with this matter?
We are hoping our suggested steps were able to help you get into your game, and would love to know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

gowtham3555
Honored Guest

I have the same issue with quest 3 

Hey there! @gowtham3555. Thank you so much for your patience! We understand your having an issue with being able to press start in your game. We would suggest that you reach out to the developer of the game and see if it has been a reported/known issue on their end! Please let us know if you need any more assistance with anything! We are always here and happy to help.

Hey @gowtham3555! We just wanted to reach out and see how you were doing! Please let us know if you need any additional help!

garym.202
Honored Guest

I have a similar issue, possibly related to the fact that I'm finding it very difficult to set a consistent boundary, either roomscale or stationary. With stationary the boundary hovers around my knees and also moves with me, thus telling me I've left the boundary. With roomscale I either get a red and blue 3d cage around me or recently thin red and blue lines shooting up from the floor. mentioning the floor I do everything I've been instructed to do re setting the floor level ...eg controllers on the floor, correct lighting, objects out of the way, cleaned cameras with cloth etc. When I finally get into IB Cricket it appears I am too high up in the dressing room. I can only press the highest button with my bat and as far as the controllers are concerned I'm only getting the yellow stream of light ...if I move away they turn to a white line, but I am now outside of the game itself. I am a newbie to the world of VR. I have owned Meta Quest 2 for two months. I initially played the IB Cricket game (the only game I'm interested in) for 2 days. I've spent weeks resetting boundaries, floor levels, factory resets, installing and uninstalling the game, going on forums, reading about the same issues again and again. Plus many more things I've tried like adjusting height, registering as a developer in order to disable guardian (ha ha)  It's a miracle that the headset is still in one piece and not a thousand having been smashed against a wall.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?