cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS App Landscape Rotation not Working

Haloman363
Honored Guest

Hopefully someone here can help if they have dealt with this or maybe just missed a tutorial somewhere or something. Every time I cast from my Quest 2 to my iPhone the casting feed is always in portrait. Is there any way to force the cast feed to be in landscape?

I have tried reaching out to quest support and basically just told me to turn it off and on again which obviously didn’t work. 

Any help is much appreciated as I’m very frustrated only seeing a small portion of the FOV. 

39 REPLIES 39

gethcity
Explorer

Facing the same issue and as per @dopamaniac comment's I couldn't find the "Reset guardian" option. This is really frustrating!!

Try starting casting from the headset

They screen and options in the app look exactly the same when I start casting from the headset or from the phone... This is really strange. You are also on a quest 2, right? I'm on firmware 47.00.235. Maybe I'm not seeing the option because I'm on the Quest Public Test Channel (beta)? But then again, it's the iOS app we're talking about, not the headset..

@Kingslayer_6009that worked! Thanks so much!

@dopamaniacto get this working:

1. Make sure oculus and your phone are on the same wifi network.

2. Place the phone on tripod/stand in landscape mode.

3. Go back to the app in oculus you would like to overlay and click the oculus home button to show up the "cast" option. Click on cast - at this point you should see your mobile phone in the list of available options (along with an option to cast to oculus website). Select your mobile obviously.

4. The quest mobile app should now show a prompt asking permission to start casting, obviously click on "start casting". With this step you should see cast start in landscape mode.

Glad to see it works or you. Unfortunately, after following your EXACT steps, still no luck for me.... I'm starting to think it might have to do with either the fact that I'm om the Quest Public Beta firmware or with the new advanced camera settings for recording, in which you can also specify recording in landscape or portrait. Ef course I tried all the variations 😉

Just curious, when casting to the phone, does it show up as 'Meta Quest mobile app' or as the regular name of your paired phone?

Yes, this works

Sorry for the late reply,

Your phone name would show up in the list available targets to cast

This works!!! Thank you so much my brother

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey hey! Thanks to everyone for contributing to this thread. Happy to hear that most of you have been able to get this working right!

@Kingslayer_6009 and @gethcity were able to provide some really helpful workaround steps, and I'll go ahead and share my own version of them here for anyone else having this issue:

• Make sure your headset and mobile device are on the same Wi-Fi network.

• Place your mobile device in landscape mode, and make sure the rotation lock is turned off.

• Go back into your Quest headset to begin casting to your mobile device.

• The mobile app should now show a prompt asking permission to start casting, so click on "Start Casting"! With this step you should see cast start in landscape mode.

If you're still having trouble rotating and casting properly, the first thing I'd suggest is making sure you are no longer on the PTC if you were. You can remove yourself from the PTC using the steps here, but please keep in mind that it won't take effect until the next update. 

And if you're still having trouble, I'd say your next best step is going to be submitting a bug report on the mobile app!

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

And also when rotating, try doing "reset guardian" on the mobile app then press cancel, as that seems to work