cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS App Landscape Rotation not Working

Haloman363
Honored Guest

Hopefully someone here can help if they have dealt with this or maybe just missed a tutorial somewhere or something. Every time I cast from my Quest 2 to my iPhone the casting feed is always in portrait. Is there any way to force the cast feed to be in landscape?

I have tried reaching out to quest support and basically just told me to turn it off and on again which obviously didn’t work. 

Any help is much appreciated as I’m very frustrated only seeing a small portion of the FOV. 

39 REPLIES 39

@JamBox88 The app is buggy on iOS. The problem is the app will NOT rotate to landscape while casting even with the rotation lock off. Many times the app will stay in portrait mode while casting.

People know how to use their iPhones…

Good workaround! 👍🏼👍🏼

rotsch2804
Explorer

Same thing with me. Can't go into landscape nore can I record in Splitscreen Modus anymore. It worked all fine before META took over.

There is no 'reset guardian'... Maybe you meant 'Recenter? And after I do 'recenter' it just recenters, no possibility to 'cancel' anything... Please explain?

Thanks for you answer but I think most people here know how the rotation lock works and have already tried that. The problem is not Apple / iPhone or our level of experience, it's your Meta/Oculus app. Please don't try to rub it off as inexperienced user mistakes because other apps manage to work just fine in landscape mode on the same iPhone.

Hi there, I am full with you. I contacted META customer support, but not one helpful hint from their side. All the can say is: Turn it OFF and ON / De-Install and Re-Install the App.  Yesterday was a release of on META Quest App update for iOS 16.1. The only thing they solved, you now can delete stored Pics and Vids from your iPhone, wich wasn't working before the update. 

META has to do something regarding the App. People buying the new Quest Pro are experiencing the same problems and they will be pissed. It's definitely the App creating these problems. Full of bugs I would say.

There should be a reset guardian button when casting. This is strange. Are you making sure that you arent in view mode? Also, try starting casting from your phone, to your oculus, and vice versa.

Strange indeed. My main problem with the orientation lock is that I cannot activate the Augmented Reality recording options. When I try to switch to them the bounce back to the default recording button....

Here's what I'm seeing. No 'reset guardian' option. The only extra options are under 'Settings' but it's not there either...

IMG_4237.PNGIMG_4241.PNG

@dopamaniac wrote:

Strange indeed. My main problem with the orientation lock is that I cannot activate the Augmented Reality recording options. When I try to switch to them the bounce back to the default recording button....

Yeah, the augmented reality recording buttons only work in landscape mode - so unless you're able to occasionally flip the app to landscape, they won't work...

Meanwhile Oculus Support is awfully quiet! 🤔

I think support deleted my reply ...

To document again, landscape mode does not work, making augmented reality recording not function correctly in the casting screen.