cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identical systems Identical Oculus Quest devices One will not USB 3

samblam
Honored Guest
Bought identical Oculus sets installed on identical machines for my two sons. One device will not be recognized. Have bought a high end USB cable (for the oculus) Did not resolve. Bought a Superspeed USB 3.0 PCI-e card for the affected computer,  did not resolve. The Oculus sometimes is briefly connected then drops.  The Test USB connection  never sees the Oculus Have  re installed many times. Have toggled yes to the "notify of Beta Updates and ran the update that came in. No connection. Have used my other son's Oculus on the affected machine and it does not work  on that machine  Does on his and the other son's does on his so it seems to be the USB or upstream of the USB   Yours, Dr Matthew Morrison Father of Sam (affected machine) and Jacob(unaffected machine)  Morrison.  cc me any communications at matt@listenspeak.ca if you would
2 REPLIES 2

wuzp
Rising Star
The OP does not mention if he also tried swapping USB cables between the 2 machines.

MystaMagoo
Heroic Explorer

samblam said:

Bought identical Oculus sets installed on identical machines for my two sons. One device will not be recognized. Have bought a high end USB cable (for the oculus) Did not resolve. Bought a Superspeed USB 3.0 PCI-e card for the affected computer,  did not resolve. The Oculus sometimes is briefly connected then drops.  The Test USB connection  never sees the Oculus Have  re installed many times. Have toggled yes to the "notify of Beta Updates and ran the update that came in. No connection. Have used my other son's Oculus on the affected machine and it does not work  on that machine  Does on his and the other son's does on his so it seems to be the USB or upstream of the USB   Yours, Dr Matthew Morrison Father of Sam (affected machine) and Jacob(unaffected machine)  Morrison.  cc me any communications at matt@listenspeak.ca if you would

Did you buy or assemble the identicals?
Are they running the same drivers?
Believe it or not but even installing the drivers in a different order can makes things screwy.
Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo