cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I remove account for my Oculus ( Not delete the account) do I still get to have the games

NOTRiolu
Honored Guest

We got a Oculus pre owned and it had beat Saver and a Angry Birds game and I'm wondering if we can just delete that account and still have those games because we're thinking of getting more games but we don't know if he will get it too we don't know who this guy is either.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

oculusness
Heroic Explorer

Hi @NOTRiolu  if you factory reset the headset, you will be asked to link the headset to your new meta horizons account. The games currently on the headset belong to the former owner, if you factory reset your headset, you will lose the two games but will be able to purchase them and other new games for your own account.

You can reset the headset in the mobile app or 

• Power off the headset
  • Press and hold volume down & Power
  • This will boot into the USB Update Mode menu
  • Press volume button to move selection, press power button to make the selection
  • Navigate to Factory Reset and press the Power button
  • The device should now begin the Factory Reset process.
Four Rift CV1s, Quest 2, Quest 3.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

oculusness
Heroic Explorer

Hi @NOTRiolu  if you factory reset the headset, you will be asked to link the headset to your new meta horizons account. The games currently on the headset belong to the former owner, if you factory reset your headset, you will lose the two games but will be able to purchase them and other new games for your own account.

You can reset the headset in the mobile app or 

• Power off the headset
  • Press and hold volume down & Power
  • This will boot into the USB Update Mode menu
  • Press volume button to move selection, press power button to make the selection
  • Navigate to Factory Reset and press the Power button
  • The device should now begin the Factory Reset process.
Four Rift CV1s, Quest 2, Quest 3.
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?