cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im getting annoyed with something that should be so freaking easy.

RogueMonkey83
Honored Guest

Heyo people,

I am getting freaking annoyed.  I am trying to connect my oculus quest 2 to my PC so I can get the screenshots off it, but not, the freaking thing doesn't work, and I followed all the support pages I can find and nothing helps.  Why can't they make this stuff easy or is that to hard to ask for?   Should be able to connect it to the computer and BOOM its shows in explorer but nope, doesn't happen.  

Not to mention that it says that its been synced on my phone too, and yeah you guessed it NOTHING THERE!

6 REPLIES 6

Nice rant but how about some detail? What have you done to troubleshoot? Tried a different cable? Does the in-headset message popup when you connect the cable and do you allow data transfer? Did you, last time it worked, click "Don't ask again"? If you did, have you tried re-enabling the USB prompt in the headset developer menu?

RogueMonkey83
Honored Guest

Thank you I was trying to be nice about it when I was frustrated.

I already told you this part, when I said " I followed all the support pages I can find and nothing helps" 
Yes 3 different cables, and they are all brand new.

I don't know how to change this part the help files I found only say their should be I did turn it on via dev, and it still didn't show anything about connecting to the PC.

It's never worked because I never done it before.

That is what I said above in this same reply that I did hehe.

You said you followed all support articles which, TBF is pretty vague.

If you turned the USB prompt on in the headset developer menu, presumably that means it was off previously which suggests you did accidentally select Don't ask again. Turning the USB prompt on should have fixed your troubles so I'm afraid I have nothng further to add.

RogueMonkey83
Honored Guest

Eh well I wasn't expecting that much help anyway, after all it is a facebook product.

I'm not Facebook. If I was I'd have told you how overjoyed I am that you want to use VR and how personally mortified I am that you are having issues, followed by an invitation to log a support call. You may have to do the support call in the end anyway, which will eventually result in a recommendation to do a factory reset.

Ask me how I know.

RogueMonkey83
Honored Guest

Because you have been through this ring ma role with them too?