cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image horizontal splittet (Black bar in the middle)

DarkOrb
Protege
Hey,

I have a problem with my Oculus. When i try the Riftcoaster then it shows me a horizontal splittet image. In the middle of the image is a horizontal black bar. Other demos like tuscany, blue marble, and the cinema works finde. By the way, It doesnt detect my Oculus in the OculusConfigUtil (Device: Not found) and it doesnt show the Oculus in the display settings. What can i do?

thewolf20
11 REPLIES 11

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you take a picture of the problem and upload it here?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

DarkOrb
Protege
How can i do this? You can see this problem just on the Oculus, not on the main display.

Kirenus
Explorer
Try a smartphone, webcam, or if you have one, a camera.

geekmaster
Protege
Perhaps remove an eyecup to take a better picture of a direct LCD panel image (but try with an eyecup too to see if the Rift lens magnification makes a better image).

geekmaster
Protege
Perhaps remove an eyecup to take a better photo of a direct LCD panel image (but try with an eyecup too to see if the Rift lens magnification makes a better photo).

SimonWJM
Honored Guest
I have a similar problem its like the two images are looking away from each other rather than converging inward, tuscany works fine, to get it working in the configuration thing I switched to aNOTHER usb slot

lucalia
Honored Guest
i have the same problem but its most likely to be image mis-aligned

phuhque
Protege
I have a similar issue. When I put an application on the screen, it feels like the left eye is looking at the right half, and vise versa. The demo with the house was great as was the initial interactive setup.

My concern is that it asks about watching the line until it gets to the edge. But for me, once it gets close to the edge, the line spreads out into 5 pixels wide. I would like to know which pixel I should be using as the reference.

Edit: Well, it seems that the black bar is because I cannot get the two halves of the image to join in the middle. What I mentioned first is actually inaccurate. The left display doesn't seem to shift far enough to the left and the right to the right. The issue only occurs when looking at the non dual screen video. When I look at any of the applications built, I can launch them, but I have to close my left eye for the right to see the mouse cursor over the start button with is nearly off the left side of the image on the right eye piece.

I think I need assistance understanding the initial configuration hinted at in my second paragraph.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Unfortunately, 2D applications are not supported. This includes the Windows desktop. The Rift will only look proper on supported titles with side-by-side 3D output. Usually you can work around this by mirroring the desktop to a monitor and using that to setup the games and work with Windows.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV