cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import feature for TWD Ch 2 not working

drnabob
Honored Guest

I have previously been able to import a game from ch1 to ch 2 but now the feature is not working.  When I click import, the 3 white horizontal dots appear briefly and then nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @drnabob. We appreciate you reaching out and giving us a heads up on the troubles you're having importing games. We know that any sort of issue such as this can be a bit discouraging, and we would like to lend a hand to help you out. For us to get a little more clarity on the process you're using, we just have a few questions and some troubleshooting steps that we think would help.

Are you using an Airlink or Link cable?

Are you attempting to change the installation directory? If so, here are the steps to do so:

How do I change the installation directory?

You can add more directories and change the default directory by following these steps:

Open the Desktop app.
Open Settings
Go to the General tab.
Find library locations and click the Edit button next to it
Click Add and navigate to the directory you want to add as a library.
Click the [...] Three Dots on the directory you want to be your default, and click Make Default Library

If  you have any questions, ,please let us know. We are looking forward to your response.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @drnabob! Just checking in to see if you are still needing assistance with importing games. If so, please do reach back out to us at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

i am having this issue right now. I have TWDSS CH1 on my Quest 2 I bought TWDSS CH2 also on my Quest 2. I load up number 1 to export it and it gives me a code. when o load up CH2 and slect import theres the three dots and then nothing.

Heya @Innversion! So I personally haven't played TWDSS, but I was able to research a bit online for you to help figure this out. 

Here's what I've found has been working for most users:

• Ensure Chapter 1 is updated to the latest patch
    • Open the game
    • Go to "File Export" and get the code
  • Update and open Chapter 2 
    • Go to "New Game" and select "Import Save"
    • Input your code from Chapter 1 into "Import Save"

If you're still running into issues importing your save at this point, I'd recommend reaching out to the developer for further assistance since they'll have more insight to in-game issues like this. You can find their social media accounts at the bottom of the game's website, or you can try reaching out to them here. Hope that helps!

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

I have done all that. When i go to ch2 and select new game and import save, the box to enter the code doesnt appear. thanks for the reply.