cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install pc oculus app v62 or avoid installing v63

pigm0
Honored Guest

I use Quest 2 only with one game: DCS
Fact : V63 of the oculus pc app prevent DCS to launch. 
I needed to uncheck auto update and reinstall oculus app and it was working . 
After a pause on the game I came back, The app was updated because this auto update settings is non working ...
So I reinstall 2 times in a row the oculus app and each time i see a notification " Meta Quest Link Software Update "

Question : How to install v62 of the oculus app and just REALLY not auto update? I order to use the product. 

12 REPLIES 12

Cv1-
Explorer

I am having trouble with the new version of the app too lmk if you have a solution

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @pigm0! We do understand you may have had some unexpected changes in game play since the new update. We know how it can feel when you are all set to play and run into an unexpected bump in the road.

You are actually not able to use the old version. We would like to try some possible troubleshooting steps.

1. Check that the headset is connected to the correct GPU. Both the headset and computer monitor must be plugged into the same graphics card.
    • This is not possible on some laptop computers due to their design. Where not possible, the computer is considered incompatible. Recommend the customer try using the headset with a compatible computer.
  2. Restart the PC.
  3. Make sure GPU drivers are up to date.
  4. Launch the PC VR app by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting "Run as Administrator"
  5. If only happening with some apps, uninstall and re-install the problem apps.
  6. Add the application to the antivirus software's whitelist.
  7. Try another Windows user account with admin permissions
  8. Repair the PC VR app.
  9. Manually re-install the PC VR app.

We hope this helps. If you still need further assistance, feel free to reach back to us. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We are just following up with you to check and see if you have any other questions or concerns. Feel free to reach out to us anytime! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, I am having this same issue as of a few hours ago. I have tried everything except uninstalling and reinstalling the PC VR app or DCS World. This is definitely something that happened from the link update. I was playing the game 6 hours ago just fine, and then after the link update it won't work unless I FORCE VR OFF

Cheytac07
Explorer

I have the same issue with a quest 3, I'm unable to start DCS World in VR mode since this morning. Many of my friends are experiencing the same with quest 2 and 3. I guess it's something related to the new version of quest link or the update to V63.  

None of this will help and you support people know exactly why. So, what was the point of posting all this usless info? Deflection? Eagle Dynamics already is aware of the issue but unfortunately it will take them time to engineer a work around for your gigantic screw up. I hate you people even more for posting this useless time waster that will just frustrate people more. 

Hello support,

I understand that this is on Eagle dynamics to release a patch to get things working but you literally have the fix sitting in your file system. Why not just offer people V62 link app while dealing with these issues. Everyones happy and everyone can play on. If not Pimax it is!

Meta thinks they do not make money on DCS. So, they have no motivation to even care if it works. Here is the thing, they will not ever make any money from me on any VR game. I absolutely refuse to enter any financial info into my Quest. I do not trust them to keep that info safe. So, I can not ever buy any of their titles. So, If my titles I do have do not work, I have no need for their product. 

There seems to be a problem with somthing called  HitmanPro.Alert that makes the DCS not run as long as the oculus app is installed on the computer... 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?