cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Arc A750 - "Your system's graphics card is incompatible with the Rift system software."

dkaeo
Explorer

Hello, I have a system with the new Intel Arc A750 graphics card, and I previously had an RX 570--my Oculus Rift S was working completely fine beforehand. Ever since I upgraded, I've not been able to use my Oculus Rift S.

This seems evident whenever I try to connect the DisplayPort it never connects and instead gives me an Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed) error. I've reinstalled the drivers, reinstalled Oculus, and the only thing I have not tried is reinstalling Windows, however, I do not want to do that as it seems like this is more of a software issue than anything, or is it that my graphics card is genuinely incompatible?

Would really love some help here. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dkaeo
Explorer

The only solution to this problem is having two graphics cards in an system, one dedicated to games other than VR (which in this case my Arc A750), and one dedicated to VR alone (my RX 570 in this case). I understand that it isn't price effective for those with only one card if they are new to the desktop world. But, I know majority of people upgraded to the Arc to play VR definitely had old VR cards so just install those two cards in a single system, which is what I did. It has fixed my issue in my scenario. Sorry if this sounds complicated remotely.

Maybe in the future, if I get a different virtual reality headset, one compatible with the Arc A750 (namely the Q2 as others have stated using Virtual Desktop), then this solution is the best for those with the Oculus Rift S. Unfortunately, I doubt we will be getting compatibility for the Intel cards at this moment since VR compatibility with ARC is most likely the last thing on Intel's list of support, as well for Oculus. This is most likely due to the fact that the Rift S is discontinued.

Thank you for all your comments guys. If there is any update or change, I'll try to update this post. However, with all of this being said, hopefully, we ARC users get an update with VR support, with Oculus opening the door for us as well.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Intel gpu’s are not supported by this or, I believe, any other PCVR system.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Intel arc a770 works just fine with virtual desktop and steamvr. Excellent card for vr, at an excellent price. 

BU5DRV3R
Honored Guest

I used my Q2 last night through VD over wifi flawlessly. The A770 had no issues with steam VR and I was pleasantly surprised with the performance. 

The Oculus app is the issue and I'm sure Meta has all but abandoned their focus on the PCVR front. 

xInSyDeR
Honored Guest

Upgraded to an Arc 770 and I have an Oculus Rift S, connecting the Display port from the headset doesn't detect it. Didn't work with SteamVR. This headset worked with my GTX 1060. Pretty much the same problem as OP. Maybe other headsets work (I saw Oculus quest work with A770 on Youtube), but not this one.

Ascendor
Protege

I would like to chip in. I need Intel Arc support for Oculus Rift.

I bought a game today. It is available on oculus and on steam. Since steamvr works beautifully with Intel arc A770 on Q2, I bought it there. Guess what: it was 30% cheaper too. 

I also sent this message to Meta. The game in question is warhammer 40000: Battle Sister.

dkaeo
Explorer

The only solution to this problem is having two graphics cards in an system, one dedicated to games other than VR (which in this case my Arc A750), and one dedicated to VR alone (my RX 570 in this case). I understand that it isn't price effective for those with only one card if they are new to the desktop world. But, I know majority of people upgraded to the Arc to play VR definitely had old VR cards so just install those two cards in a single system, which is what I did. It has fixed my issue in my scenario. Sorry if this sounds complicated remotely.

Maybe in the future, if I get a different virtual reality headset, one compatible with the Arc A750 (namely the Q2 as others have stated using Virtual Desktop), then this solution is the best for those with the Oculus Rift S. Unfortunately, I doubt we will be getting compatibility for the Intel cards at this moment since VR compatibility with ARC is most likely the last thing on Intel's list of support, as well for Oculus. This is most likely due to the fact that the Rift S is discontinued.

Thank you for all your comments guys. If there is any update or change, I'll try to update this post. However, with all of this being said, hopefully, we ARC users get an update with VR support, with Oculus opening the door for us as well.

This does not seem like a solution. Similar to; "Just stop being poor". "Don't be homeless, buy a house!".

Oculus is actively blocking the Arc cards. Nothing Intel can do about that. 

It seems cheaper to buy a Quest 2 with virtual desktop and work with SteamVR (which is cheaper for the same games), than to buy a second GPU, even if your system can handle two.

It just depends. From what I've heard, virtual desktop only works with some games, while a different card could do any of them. just depends on what is best for you.