cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Profile & Account the same?

Memaw65
Explorer

Hello, Newbie & Old Lady here. I want to share my experience with a teenager, we went through the process of adding an account, I see it on my app called "profile" on my Oculus 2 I click "switch accounts" and she's not there?

Help! lol... can I make her an Oculus account? 

Can I make her an Oculus account? 

Please advise.  

I have tried to search every where...

Grateful for any help. 

Thank yall! 

12 REPLIES 12

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @Memaw65 🙂

first, if not already done, you have to create a account for the teen.

After that you can add the account to your headset.

Go to settings - accounts....my picture says Konto instead of account, I'm German

23590270abc3fc5c322779a67d9a721b.png

then click on add account in the upper right corner.

HERE can you look for the steps needed to add an account.

Hope this helps

Greetings from another Old Lady 😂

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey there, @Memaw65! For setting up a new account, I recommend checking out the following article: Set up a Meta account on Meta Quest! Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions! 😊

"They say that the best blaze burns the brightest when circumstances are at their worst."

Memaw65
Explorer

Thank yall so much. I have been trying to switch the account over to her profile,which she named Alfred! lol..anyway. I learned how to take pics...as you can see it says accounts and on my headset in that area it says just me...I don't know should I start over? 

Thank you for all your help. 

Memaw65
Explorer

Screenshot_20240327_181920_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240327_181920_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240327_184434_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240327_184401_Photos.jpg

 Sorey..This is all I got...

The very last picture you've postet.....that's where you have to click on "add account" in the upper right corner.

The photo above shows where I added it? But when I click it - no change.

So, Profile and Accounts are the same? 

I feel like deleting it and starting all over, I just wish there was like a 'guest account' option.  Easy Pessy! 

And why do they have account and profile? They are the same correct? 

No good deed goes unpunished..lol

Memaw65
Explorer

I deleted the profile for some reason it showed up on my FB page. Then I made another with my FB,I made that in my headset and seen it on my app..but wasn't able to click and change accounts.  I give up. Thanks for all your help. Maybe my 8 year old granddaughter will do it ...lol

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?