cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to save multiple "guardian" play space?

taidoq2vr
Protege

Greetings:

Often, I move the Quest 2 between two play spaces, living room and home office to plug into my PC.  Everytime I have to set new "guardian" play space.  Is there a way to save multiple play space and quickly switch between them?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

There's a current bug that wipes the stored guardians when the Quest 2 is turned off, I think. But otherwise it should be able to store at least one Stationary and one Room Scale guardian. Probably more though. When I headed out of town I set up a room scale and a stationary guardian at my Dad's place. When I got home, to my delight, both my normal at-home guardians had still been there.

Currently I leave my Quest 2 in sleep mode if not in use because of that probable bug I mentioned.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Thank you for your feedback!

Bumping this old thread since there wasn't an answer and I have the same question. Every time you go to different places you have to redefine the guardian space. There doesn't appear to be a way to store them.

Is everyone else just redrawing it everytime you use VR at a different place?

I find it fairly random. Sometimes it remembers, other times it doesn't. It never takes more than a few seconds to redraw it though, so i've not found it a big issue personally.

Agreed.

What i have found is that sometimes you need to look around for a few seconds and it suddenly kicks in but other than that it seems to remember them quite well for me. 

sultan559
Explorer

Yes.

I am also stuck in this issue and still not found any solution. When you come from after device is in sleep. Guardian point is changed.  Any suggestion to overcome it !