cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my display broken?

squidbreakfast
Protege
When I put it on, the sensor works, I get audio from Oculus home but no display. Nothing changed since the last time it worked.
I like trains. Tech stuff. Being a hermit. Baking and getting baked.

i7 7700K  |  MSI Z270 M5  |  HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133  |  MSI GTX 1080 X 8G  |  Corsair Hydro H115i RGB  |  Corsair RM750x  |  Seagate 2TB  |  Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250 GB  |  Corsair Obsidian 450D  |

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

squidbreakfast
Protege
Aaah! Such shitty luck there! @RickyReject

I got a new 3Tb hard drive so I decided to reinstall Oculus. After reinstall it was the same. I opened up the face sponge thing and disconnected the HDMI cable from the headset to check for damage. It was the first time I've ever done this. There was no damage and nothing changed.

Then I checked for nvidia drivers, did a clean install and now it works again yay! Good luck!

i7 7700K  |  MSI Z270 M5  |  HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133  |  MSI GTX 1080 X 8G  |  Corsair Hydro H115i RGB  |  Corsair RM750x  |  Seagate 2TB  |  Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250 GB  |  Corsair Obsidian 450D  |

View solution in original post

RickyReject
Explorer
In the end I finally got it working (posted this in another thread as well).

In my case if was either Windows 1709 ("Fall Creator Update") not playing along with nVidia or vice versa...alternatively Oculus not playing with Windows 1709...or vice versta...

In any case...I reverted Windows back to 1703 and then reinstalled the 388.31 nVidia drivers and voila! Now it works like a charm...and its great fun at that 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable
Resolved, possibly, with a GC driver update.

12 REPLIES 12

Hybrid03
Explorer
The same. My headset is dead. It doen't comunicate with pc... zero, nothing. Im waiting for the very very long Oculus Support. 

squidbreakfast
Protege

Hybrid03 said:

The same. My headset is dead. It doen't comunicate with pc... zero, nothing. Im waiting for the very very long Oculus Support. 

Mine sort of responds. When I block the sensor inside it says "Your Guardian System isn't working right now. Click here to check our support article." And then nothing happens when I click it. Oculus device settings sees everything. But no visual inside HMD.

Anonymous
Not applicable
yup same here.... I tried reinstalling and no go. Oculus home just wont display, Strangly enough SteamVR works. And you can sort of run some apps by launching them from the desktop...... So I dont think its a hardware thing. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
....oh and the audio from the fireplace seems to be coming through.....

squidbreakfast
Protege
Ugh!! I'll give some non-Oculus games a go later and I will report back if I find a solution.

I noticed it wasn't working just after I finished a small Unity project and wanted to test it! So annoying.

Orkel
Adventurer
Same here. I think it started happening this week when Oculus Home prompted some kind of driver/firmware update. Black screen and can hear Home through the headphones.

RickyReject
Explorer
Just got my Rift yesterday. First I was overly impressed, lately not so much...

The three demos "Touch tutorial", "Contact" and "Dreamdeck" works without any issues, but when I try "Dead and Buried", all I get is a black display. Sound is coming through and I can detect my game area grid and controllers when moving them close to the grid, but I cant get any video to display at all from the game.

I run a GTX 1060, Rift is connected to the HDMI. With it, I run a general monitor connected to the DVI-port. I have tried reinstaling the Oculus drivers and also checked for latest nVidia drivers. I'm running Windows 10, version 1709.

Lets hope Oculus can respond to this thread.

Update:
Tried completely uninstalling all graphics drivers from Windows via Safe Mode and reinstalling GeForce graphics driver from scratch - did not solve the issue.
Tried using random Displayport to HDMI adapter - Rift headset not detected (amber light).
Tried all ports available on my GTX 1060 with the exception of the DVI port (two HDMI, two Displayport)
Tried reinstalling Oculus drivers from C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers

Update 2: while the demoes work, the Oculus Home doesnt. Atleast I assume its Oculus Home - I can hear pouring water with a black screen just prior and directly after the main "Contact" demo that is run after having completed the setup and introduction.
I have found that Google Earth VR works. However, Luckys Tale, Dispatch and Dead and Buried will not work (sound OK, but no video).

squidbreakfast
Protege
Aaah! Such shitty luck there! @RickyReject

I got a new 3Tb hard drive so I decided to reinstall Oculus. After reinstall it was the same. I opened up the face sponge thing and disconnected the HDMI cable from the headset to check for damage. It was the first time I've ever done this. There was no damage and nothing changed.

Then I checked for nvidia drivers, did a clean install and now it works again yay! Good luck!

RickyReject
Explorer
In the end I finally got it working (posted this in another thread as well).

In my case if was either Windows 1709 ("Fall Creator Update") not playing along with nVidia or vice versa...alternatively Oculus not playing with Windows 1709...or vice versta...

In any case...I reverted Windows back to 1703 and then reinstalled the 388.31 nVidia drivers and voila! Now it works like a charm...and its great fun at that 😉