cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the oculus app compatible with windows 11?

smgoose
Honored Guest

I’ve been looking to play vr games on my quest 2 through airlink. Although all the websites I got to say that the quest app isnt compatible with windows 11??? Just wondering if it’ll mess up my pc. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Akemi_kun
Explorer

No the oculus app will work perfectly with windows 11 but check if you’re computer is compatible for PCVR.

you can see if you’re pc is capable by downloading SteamVR Performance Test: 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/323910/SteamVR_Performance_Test/

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey hey @smgoose! I'd be glad to add onto what @Akemi_kun had said. Windows 11 is definitely fully supported for the PC app. You'd just have to be sure you meet our Quest Link requirements for the best performance with the app. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

I've formatting d factory reset my quest 2 2 times and used a fresh quest 2 headset as well and airlinknhas not worked on my PC even since windows 11 came out.  I can hook it up with a cable but no air like.  It's why I won't even consider a meta Facebook quest 3.  And I consider myself above avarage as a PC builder and software user. I'm gonna try again in may 2024 but as off right now nothing. 

Hey there, @specialresident22! PCVR gaming can really open so many virtual doorways, so we definitely want to do our best to make sure you're able to take advantage of this amazing feature! To begin with, we're very glad to let you know that according to the Meta Quest Link requirements listed here, Windows 11 operating system is compatible and should be able to support this connection. In order for us to try and get to the bottom of why you're connection isn't functioning properly, please clarify the following details when you have the time: 

• Does your PC meet the rest of the requirements to support Meta Quest Link, as listed in that aforementioned article?
  • Are you running into any error messages when connection Air Link? What specifically happens? 
  • Is your headset fully up to date with the latest software in standalone mode, not connected to a headset? (Please use these steps to update your headset.) 
  • Has Air Link ever worked on this PC in the past?
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, hello, @specialresident22! We wanted to be sure to check in to ensure you were able to get Air Link successfully connected. If you still need any assistance, please be sure to let us know and be sure to share those requested details from our last post for reference. We're eager to hear from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!