cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this laptop officially supported as yet?

The-Hoff
Level 4
MSi GE62 2QF Apache Pro Nvidia GTX 970m
If anyone could give me the answer, It would be most appreciated.
Phanteks Evolv ATX Tempered Glass - Asus Z270 Maximus IX Formula & ROG - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card - Intel Core i7 7700k Kaby Lake - Corsair H115i - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - Nvidia GTX 1080ti Sea Hawk X - 3x Samsung 850 evo 1tb - 2x WD Black 2tb - Pioneer Blu-Ray Player - Corsair RM850X - Windows 10 Pro - Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016 Elite Mechanical - BenQ XL2720Z 27-inch LED 144hz Gaming Monitor - Oculus Rift

3 REPLIES 3

zboson
Level 9
No.  And I doubt the 970M will be approved anytime soon if ever. Not even a 980M is approved even though it should more than meet the new specs coming out. Hopefully Oculus approves the 980M when the new specs become official along with ASW. I have two 980M laptops that work great with the CV1.

The-Hoff
Level 4
Thanks, this is not my laptop. I was asking for a friend who bought a Rift without checking the requirements and they are left with it not working. I have since checked the GPU's that work and like you say, the 970M is not supported and will not be supported in the future.
Phanteks Evolv ATX Tempered Glass - Asus Z270 Maximus IX Formula & ROG - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card - Intel Core i7 7700k Kaby Lake - Corsair H115i - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - Nvidia GTX 1080ti Sea Hawk X - 3x Samsung 850 evo 1tb - 2x WD Black 2tb - Pioneer Blu-Ray Player - Corsair RM850X - Windows 10 Pro - Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016 Elite Mechanical - BenQ XL2720Z 27-inch LED 144hz Gaming Monitor - Oculus Rift

zboson
Level 9
The bigger problems with laptops is that many don't work at all due to e.g. Optimius. So you have to really be careful. We have three 980M laptops, two Asus and one MSI that work (the Asus ones have to use the DisplayPort however). But these appear to be the exception. At least for the Maxwell series laptops.